So I was picked up a Guitar World today (along with the Satch edition of Guitarist ) and I noticed on the cover Kirk Hammett had a new Ouija board.

Obviously, its a Ouija guitar with a quilted maple top (he's even got quilted maple pickup covers! ). I like it a lot, actually, but I've got mixed feelings. It looks better than the white or black one, but the thought of putting solid black paint on top of such a nice piece of wood is... tough.

Thoughts?
Where's Waldo?
i like it much more than the black or the white. I think it would be cool if ESP put out a production model.

Epi LP Custom EMGs
ESP H-1000
Schecter Elite 7
Jackson Dominion
Peavey Valveking Head
Jet City JCA24s
Blackstar HT20 & HTV212
MXR Pedals
Schecter Stiletto Custom
Schecter Stiletto Studio
Fender Vintage Modified
Ampeg B2RE
Fender 4x10 Cab
Quote by I AM DEREK
Looks interesting. Wonder how it sounds...

exactly like every other guitar with EMG's
That actually looks pretty good. I like it better than the black Ouija, but I have a thing for white guitars so.

Also, lol at the "Epic Hetfield/Mustaine Fistbump" poster
If creationists made Pokemon:
"What the, Pikachu is...Congratulations, God decided your Pikachu is now a Raichu."

So what...I like Metal...sue me

"music elitists"
Quote by rickyj
exactly like every other guitar with EMG's

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
I really want to know where that huge misconception came from.

Also, did I mention it came with a free DR Neon orange .46 string?
Where's Waldo?
If I had to take one I'd still probably pick the black one, although I'm really not a big fan of guitars with pictures on them. I prefer a solid color or natural finished guitar.
Quote by chadreed32
I really want to know where that huge misconception came from.

Also, did I mention it came with a free DR Neon orange .46 string?

Morons.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Seriously? Are you all ****ing morons? EMGs sound different in every guitar.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Have any of the people who say they sound the same tried them in different guitars or at all? Most people I run across who say that haven't even touched EMGs. I've had EMGs in a lot of different guitars. They sure don't sound the same in an Ibanez as they do in a Gibson or Fender. The preamp does color the tone a bit, but woods still have different tonal qualities. EMGs don't change the natural characteristics of the wood itself.
All any active pickup is, is a passive pickup with a compressor and an EQ before it gets to the amp.
Quote by Cathbard
You don't need epic tone in the bedroom any more than you need mood lighting to masturbate.

Active pickups are slightly different from passives, preamp aside. They use fewer turns of a larger gauge wire. This actually equates to lower output, but a very wide frequency response. Add in the preamp to boost the output, and you've got a pretty clear and responsive pickup. Passives use smaller gauge wire and a lot more turns. More output but less of a frequency spectrum.
Quote by Tom 1.0
Seriously? Are you all ****ing morons? EMGs sound different in every guitar.

NOOO they all sound the samez! except for in this guitar cause the natural finish lets the wood breathe man!
Where's Waldo?
Quote by chadreed32
NOOO they all sound the samez! except for in this guitar cause the natural finish lets the wood breathe man!

I hope you're trolling.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Quote by Tango616
I hope you're trolling.

Being the one who made this thread (now that I think of it, that has nothing to do with anything), and who stated it as a misconception earlier, I hope you could recognize the sarcasm in that post.
Where's Waldo?
Lol. Guitar is beautiful. I would buy one in an instant given the opportunity.
I dont like EMG 81/85 set in my torero, but sounded great in my epi.
81/60 sounds better imo.
Kirk Hammet and James hetfield are signature guitar *****s.....
Gibson Thunderhorse
Jackson RR24M
B52 AT100
Quote by King of King V

.....and?

I'm pretty sure we all wish we could have signature guitars. Plus they probably get some out of it due to their ESP endorsement.
Where's Waldo?
If you think EMGs sound the same then this thread is worth a read...

http://projectguitar.ibforums.com/index.php?showtopic=41109&st=0

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Quote by King of King V

it probably the contract they have with ESP, if they want a new a custom guitar, ESP probably has the rights to mass produce it.