I have seen numerous videos on the DT50 and the new DT25 hooked up with a Pod HD, they seem to sound great but I have a few easy to answer questions for

Has anyone seen video or heard or this setup in a mix? and how heavy can it go? btw Between the buried and me is about as heavy as I go. Can this combination handle that? And how does it feel compared to a real tube amp?

Sorry for any errors, this is meant to be quick, as I am going somewhere like right now.

Thanks
Want Sub-Forums For GB&C, CLICK and Comment to Help the Right People Notice.
I'm sure it can go that heavy.

I dunno if it would cut through the mix too well. The Spider Valves never did. But this is meant to be a full on tube amp... So should do mate.

though for the same price you could probably get a much nicer dedicated power amp and cab.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Its too early to tell.
The power amp thing with those is quite cool..
The preamp smells like hybrid or maybe its just me.
when you connect it to the Pod hd it sound like its just the Pod's preamp, and effects and the DT's poweramp.
if thats how your going to run it, why not get a decent tube power amp?

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
I'm sure it can go that heavy.

I dunno if it would cut through the mix too well. The Spider Valves never did. But this is meant to be a full on tube amp... So should do mate.

though for the same price you could probably get a much nicer dedicated power amp and cab.

what good power amp and cabinet can you get for 800? i know there's people like jet city and stuff, but they seem pretty budget minded to me.
Not to mention I have a uncle that can build me amps, I am looking at a both cost, and versatility. Also my tiny apartment, where I am sure 25 watts is to much.
.....So?

Turn it down?

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
the atomic is designed to be transparent. The opposite of what I am looking for. I believe that Dsp do preamps well. But not poweramps.
But isnt that what the DTs poweramp is, they have it model the same sims in your HD right?

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
i was under the impression, that the dsp circuit in the dt50 (the voicing switches and stuff) changes accordingly to the amp configuration you currently have set up on your podhd.

say you are running the pod hd with an ac-30 amp, the dt50's dsp will change to match that, so it gives a more realistic response.
Not exactly, The DT's powerap is a true tube. But It does have the ability to change analog components to match what the Preamp on the Pod Hd is doing. For example, kick in the Treadplate(which is well known to be a mesa sim), and the DT responds by kicking in a real NFL in the power-section of the amp.
Just with everybody talking about the DT power amp section. I don't know about the mechanics behind it all exactly but from what I have heard I would quite like if they just released the power amp as a standalone piece of gear

Please if there is a obvious structural or physical error why this wouldn't be possible tell me but I would be interested to know if it is 'possible' (even if done by the guys at Line 6)
Current Gear
-----------------
Washburn WI66 Pro //
Ibanez Prestige SA1260 //
Schecter C1 Blackjack //
Fernandes Ravelle Elite //
Wahburn HB35 Semi-Hollowbody
Blackstar HT40
Would be nice, but I don't think it is.

So I still need an answer on the original question.