I was thinking about purchasing one, but I found that there are a lot of complaints about them at the Line 6 website.

Can any owners of this pedal tell me of their experiences with it and if it's worth it?
The foot switches have a tendency to go bad after a few years but other than that they're about on par with any other large company's offerings. Many will replace the switches for fairly cheap. It's an easy fix.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
there were a lot of reports that first couple batches would just stop working after a while. i think theyve addressed that problem in recent years.

in other words if you buy a new one you should be fine
I've had mine since they first came out and had no issues. It took some beatings when I was gigging as well. It's not exactly in mint condition anymore... but it still functions exactly the same.
Music Man JPX 6
Ibanez RGT220H
Fender 50th Anniversary Deluxe Strat
93 Jackson Std Professional (Japan)
03 Gibson LP Special
Alvarez AD60SC

Mesa Single Rectifier/Mesa 4x12 cab
Mesa Transatlantic TA-15
Hughes & Kettner Triplex
I get this series of Line 6 pedals in all the time for repair. Commonly the foot switches need to be replaced along with the DC jack. I get maybe 4-5 of this line a month so the failure rate seems pretty high if that's what I see on my workbench. You can replace the switches with better switches and drill out the hole for the DC jack and put in a DC jack that mounts to the chassis and it would be a lot more reliable.