I just recently wasted 2 sets of ernie balls regular slinky and I like the sound of them just they suck stringing on my main guitar (B.C. Rich V w/a Kahler X trem) the high e keeps breaking. So instead of wasting more strings and getting more pissed I just want to switch strings. Any ideas? I play mostly thrash on this guitar and the trem wont let me put on thick strings
I've always been fond of Ernie Balls, but they're out. Maybe check out Elixirs?
Yeah I like Ernie Balls just my guitar seems to hate them lol I have some Elixirs on my acoustic and there alright you know if the electrics are any good?
It's more than likely not the string's "fault", you've probably got burrs on your saddle or something.
Daddarios. I use the light ones and it took 3 years to break.
I'd also check where the string is breaking if it's a constant problem.
There's a good chance that what I've written above is useless and if you take any of the advice it's your own fault.
Quote by Soccerguy
It's more than likely not the string's "fault", you've probably got burrs on your saddle or something.

This. DOes the string always break in the same place? Perhaps at the entrance to the peg, or on the nut or saddle? I've used EB for years and I can't remember ever breaking one.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
I use elixirs/ernies. At present, I'm using elixers on my strat, and they're great. Give 'em a try.
Quote by Artemis Entreri
This. DOes the string always break in the same place? Perhaps at the entrance to the peg, or on the nut or saddle? I've used EB for years and I can't remember ever breaking one.

Answer this guy's question. Ernie balls are pretty solid, its most likely your guitar.