This may be the wrong place to post, and if so, I'm sowwy.

But, I'm planning on buying a Fender Classic Player Jazzmaster and it only comes in two colors; sunburst and black. Although I like the black, I probably want it to be a different color.
How difficult is it to paint a guitar manually? And how much will it cost (about)?
And if I don't do it manually, how much (about) will it cost me to send it to a professional if I can find one?

I've never really done anything with guitar customizing but I wouldn't mind giving it a try

Thanks!
FUNK.

My acoustic orginals
My voice isn't that great...but take a listen. I still have yet to perfect my vocals

Sunshine
Well, I'm looking to make it sea foam green or surf green although I don't know how good with looks with a brown shell pickgaurd though...

The guitar has a polyester finish by the way
FUNK.

My acoustic orginals
My voice isn't that great...but take a listen. I still have yet to perfect my vocals

Sunshine
You can refinish it in whatever you want. just because it had Poly before doesn't mean you can't have nitro now.

I'm pretty sure there is an entire refinishing thread on here, that has tutorials. Basically involves sanding, sealing, painting (many coats of color, many more of clear coat)
Where's Waldo?
Quote by HelzAngl
Well, I'm looking to make it sea foam green or surf green although I don't know how good with looks with a brown shell pickgaurd though...

The guitar has a polyester finish by the way

Surf green looks awesome with a brown shell IMHO. Surf green is my favourite JM colour.
Quote by chadreed32
You can refinish it in whatever you want. just because it had Poly before doesn't mean you can't have nitro now.

I'm pretty sure there is an entire refinishing thread on here, that has tutorials. Basically involves sanding, sealing, painting (many coats of color, many more of clear coat)

I don't really know what that means, but I'll be learning. Thanks dude!
FUNK.

My acoustic orginals

Sunshine