I currently have 2 gfs p90s on mahogany. Any pupgrade ideas from experienced p90 players?

ps. mine are dog-eared
Erm, try Gibson, they invented the P90, accept no substitue.

Any other manufacturer's P90 is a rakish interloper, a carpetbagger, a wolf in sheep's clothing, mutton dressed as lamb, a Lincoln to a Cadillac, a Taylor Swift to a Eva Cassidy.
Quote by Major F. Sharp

Any other manufacturer's P90 is a rakish interloper, a carpetbagger, a wolf in sheep's clothing, mutton dressed as lamb, a Lincoln to a Cadillac, a Taylor Swift to a Eva Cassidy.
Erm... Gibson invented the humbucker too.

Does that mean that any other manufacturer's humbucker is also a "rakish interloper, a carpetbagger, a wolf in sheep's clothing, mutton dressed as lamb, a Lincoln to a Cadillac, a Taylor Swift to a Eva Cassidy"?
Quote by al112987
Erm... Gibson invented the humbucker too.

Does that mean that any other manufacturer's humbucker is also a "rakish interloper, a carpetbagger, a wolf in sheep's clothing, mutton dressed as lamb, a Lincoln to a Cadillac, a Taylor Swift to a Eva Cassidy"?

Seth Lover invented the humbucker, and later sold another version to fender. Gibson didn't invented the humbucker.
Quote by Major F. Sharp

The first electric guitars were invented by Rickenbacker, accept no substitute?

Gibson pickups are very average, certainly not worth the asking price. Especially when you can get better for cheaper.
Quote by n1ckn1ce
Seth Lover invented the humbucker, and later sold another version to fender. Gibson didn't invented the humbucker.

"Lover's most famous humbucker design (U.S. Patent 2,896,491) was the P.A.F. (Patent Applied For) designed while working for Gibson Musical Instruments in 1955."
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
I second the lollar pickup suggestion. it is the single best sounding p90 i have ever heard!
Sweet, I checked out wolftone's site. I wish I could try before I buy but I'm interested. I'll have to check out lollar too. As far as the gibson p90s, I've personally tried those and imo they're horrible. Gibson p90s don't compare well to even gfs p90s. At least the new ones don't. Thanks for the tips though, p90s seem to be somewhat enigmatic around here, esp p90s that aren't already in a guitar so I appreciate hearing your thoughts
^I have two wolfetone pickups in my Gibson SG (a marshallhead in the bridge and a Dr Vintage in the neck) and they sound amazing. Wolfe is extremely great to deal with, very very helpful, and he'll give you support until you're sick of it :P He helped me months before I ordered my pickups, then he gave me news until they were shipped, and finally he spent 2 days trying to help me find out why my Dr Vintage didn't work properly and was about to send a new one (but in the end I had just installed it wrong and it was entirely my fafult).

I know his p90s are great, but I have no experience with Lollar, so they might be as good. Either way, they are very good quality pickups in both cases and none would be a bad purchase.
Quote by Darkflame
^I have two wolfetone pickups in my Gibson SG (a marshallhead in the bridge and a Dr Vintage in the neck) and they sound amazing. Wolfe is extremely great to deal with, very very helpful, and he'll give you support until you're sick of it :P

Glad to here it, I'm a lil hesitant buying online