Page 1 of 5
I wouldn't give three thousandths of a shit if it got canceled or not.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Guess who has two thumbs, and doesn't give a phuck?

Give up yet? Nah jk...I can't even get fox half the time....
Quote by Stranglehold
That's it, you're all banned.

Quote by stevebomb
If I wanted to listen to something slow, I'd play some hippie music.
Makes sense. That show hasn't been good in a long time.
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
NO!!!!!! I love The Simpsons.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Quote by AeroRocker
Makes sense. That show hasn't been good in a long time.

This.

Also greedy Fox network is greedy.
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Steam/XBL Gamertag: Ostinattos

Why not Zoidberg?

Note: Every time someone posts <3 all I see is testicles with a party hat.
Quote by Ostinattos
This.

this
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
i can't imagine a world without The Simpsons still airing. though, i'm not going to get up in arms about the show ending because i haven't watched a new episode since maybe season 14?

would be nice though if the showrunners were aware beforehand and could really pour everything that they have into the show for one more season and give what used to be one of the best shows of all time a proper sendoff.
Quote by Dirge Humani
Like hell they suddenly can't afford it.

My thoughts exactly, unless they ain't telling us something.
The time to hesitate is through..

Gear:
Fender 60's Road Worn Strat
Epiphone Les Paul '56 Gold Top
Orange Tiny Terror Combo

Quote by Draken
and the stig. American Stig would be a fat guy with a nascar hat.
Ok I can understand a pay cut, but 45 percent?

That's millions, I don't believe that fox can't all of a sudden afford that.

The voice of Homer is making like $400,000 an episode. So a pay cut of nearly $200,000 an episode, just for that guy.

Seems pretty ridiculous [although so does earning $400,000 an episode]
RIP Gooze

cats
Let them, that show hasn't been good in years. Should've axed it like 10 seasons ago.
Hahaha Fox must be feeling the recession!!! Even if Fox cancelled there contracts with Matt Groening some other broadcaster would pickup The Simpsons in a heart beat, that television series basically promotes itself and if I am not mistaken is the longest running cartoon on the air, its not going anywhere anytime soon.
'Bout time.

The Simpsons has been terrible for like 5 or 6 years now.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
I watched the new episodes of The Simpsons, Family Guy and American Dad the other day, and The Simpsons was the only one i could watch the whole thing too bad no one watches it anymore
Regardless of popular opinion, I still like The Simpsons. I do not however like Fox. Fox dropped Arrested Development and Futurama, which makes them bad people.
That said, I like The Simpsons, but won't miss it if it's finally put to rest.
Quote by mulefish
Ok I can understand a pay cut, but 45 percent?

That's millions, I don't believe that fox can't all of a sudden afford that.

The voice of Homer is making like $400,000 an episode. So a pay cut of nearly $200,000 an episode, just for that guy.

Seems pretty ridiculous [although so does earning $400,000 an episode]

That's ****ing ridiculous. It's not like it'd kill him to make 200,000 a episode...

"Hm...fox is only going to pay me half of a retarded amount of money to read lines off a script...nah think i'll pass."
Sail upon the open skies
Last edited by angusfan16 at Oct 4, 2011,

>hire this man for a final, epic season
>all is well in the world
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Quote by Ostinattos
This.

The greatest hack of all time will be when someone, in realtime on an important national broadcast, replaces the 'F' with a 'C' and the 'o' with a girl with pen0rz in her mouf in the Fox logo. Ultimate prank will be ultimate.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
The last few seasons have sucked but last sundays episode was actually funny imo. if they're gonna cancel a show, cancel the cleveland show. that sucks balls...
I smoke like Rasta, got hair like pasta
I be sippin' on them shots then bustin' rhymes like Busta

Load up the bong, crank up the song, let the informa call 911
It should have ended years ago. I've noticed a trend with american TV programmes. If it's good then it will be good for a little while and then (like most programmes) after a while it gets worse and worse. Usually this would be avoided when everyone decides it's losing pace and it's worth ending on a high rather than milking it for all its worth and slowly running it into the ground.
Quote by cornmancer
Regardless of popular opinion, I still like The Simpsons. I do not however like Fox. Fox dropped Arrested Development and Futurama, which makes them bad people.
That said, I like The Simpsons, but won't miss it if it's finally put to rest.

True, although it was announced yesterday that arrested development is returning for a final season and subsequent movie.
Quote by Kilty Boxers
So i suppose 2+2=4 is a stereotype as well?

Hooray For Canada.
Quote by angusfan16
That's ****ing ridiculous. It's not like it'd kill him to make 200,000 a episode...

"Hm...fox is only going to pay me half of a retarded amount of money to read lines off a script...nah think i'll pass."

Hugh Laurie makes $700k an episode of House. Have a problem with that too?
Quote by Dirge Humani

I'd say that is far too little for someone who is Hugh Laurie.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Quote by Dirge Humani

Nah that's House so it's okay.

Edit: I just think it's stupid that he would potentially turn down a role he's been doing for 20 years just because they won't pay him a shit ton of money.
Sail upon the open skies
Last edited by angusfan16 at Oct 4, 2011,
Unfortunately, the series' ratings can no longer support paying the six main cast members who voice the majority of the characters on the show their $8 million annual salary.

The cast wonders why the paycut is necessary and have offered a counter-proposal to take a 30 percent paycut in exchange for a portion of the profits from syndication. "The show has made billions in profits over the years and will continue to do so as far as the eye can see down the road," said "an insider" from the negotiations as reported by the The Daily Beast. "The actors are willing to take a pay cut of roughly a third, but that's not good enough for Fox."

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/113472-Fox-Threatens-Simpsons-Cast-Take-Pay-Cut-or-Die
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Steam/XBL Gamertag: Ostinattos

Why not Zoidberg?

Note: Every time someone posts <3 all I see is testicles with a party hat.
why not cut the wages of Fox News pundits?

i'd much rather see that.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Quote by Dirge Humani

Charlie Sheen was making like $2 mil for Two and a Half Men...it was either 1 or 2, I forget, but still way too much for his acting skills lol
As much as I like the Simpsons, it has really dropped in quality. It keeps referencing itself in many episodes, and alot of jokes seem very predictable.

If anything, this will get them more money. Simpsons gets dropped, huge public scandal, people go out and buy more Simpsons products, Simpsons gets picked up by another network (within negative 2 seconds of being dropped), Simpsons is back to where it's at.

Futurama has also taken a similar turn to the Simpsons; the episode with the 'eye-phone' and Leela's 'Boyle' was really awkward to watch.

Random Trivia: Matt Groening helped write a book about The Residents.
Bummer... but it has to end sometime.
Bands I've seen live:

Def Leppard
Journey
Tool
Testament
Megadeth
Slayer
Mastodon
Deftones
Alice in Chains
Foo Fighters
Rodrigo y Gabriela
New Simpsons is still much better than most shows on TV.

Also, that show has been on as long as I've been alive. That's beyond crazy to think about.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by angusfan16

EH EH EHEM... more like $220,000 an episode

but go on...
Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012
Last edited by vicarious46 at Oct 4, 2011,
Quote by Dirge Humani

Hugh Laurie deserves every penny. the man is a talent machine.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Page 1 of 5