I just got my POD X3 and I've been learning new things about it etc. I'd really like to get straight into recording, but when I do record, I can't hear my guitar playing. The input goes straight onto the track. Is there a way so that I can hear what I play through my speakers but it also records into Reaper?

I'm new to recording, any help would be greatly appreciated.
have you installed the USB drivers for it? if so, go to reaper's preferences -> audio devices, and set the pod as your recording device and playback device, then plug the pod's outputs into your speakers/amp/headphones so that you can hear your guitar
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
have you installed the USB drivers for it? if so, go to reaper's preferences -> audio devices, and set the pod as your recording device and playback device, then plug the pod's outputs into your speakers/amp/headphones so that you can hear your guitar

THAT^
I also have an X3, and just started playing with it in Reaper.
Just have to use the outputs of the POD and everything is dandy.
Quote by Duv
And smack an open A chord and hold the body and see if it vibrates like a middle-aged woman's best friend.

Quote by guitarxo
I hope you get raped by a bayonet

Quote by beckyjc
Roland Cube / Vox Valvetronix / Peavey Vypyr / Hitler > Line 6 Spider.
Plug some headphones into the Pod or plug the Pod into the line in of the computer and monitor the line in.