I bought this amp on ebay after hearing good things, and I found a great deal. Haven't received it just yet, but I was wondering what a good replacement tube would be for general metal. I'll be using EMG 81/85s in a Schecter, and a 2001 Gibson V with the stock 500t or whatever and a '59hb.
No point in replacing the tube in it. Im not sure you even can. Its not a tube like you would expect in an actual valve amp, its really more of a marketing scheme to play off a tube in their amp when its not a true valve amp.

Dont get me wrong the VTs are nice amps just there is no point in replacing the tube.
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
The only tube it has is a tiny 12ax7 in the preamp section so it's not really worth it to replace it.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
It does do some subtle eq change here and there, but it's nothing so distinguishable as to say..."night and day" difference.
Fender Telecaster
DeArmond M series
Vox Night Train 15 head w/Weber loaded 1x12
Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X)
Klone circuit/Russian Big Muff 2in 1
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
TC Electronic Nova Delay
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Line 6 M5
The tube is just supposed to give it more of a tube-like response to players hands, but it's not like playing a true tube amp. Sure, it'll get you closer than other solid states, but I'm not sure changing the tube would help.
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause