I'm not really sure if this is the right forum for this question, but my strings are a bit looser than I'd like them to be when I try playing in C standard (or drop B, etc.) I've raised the action a lot, but obviously that's not the root problem. I guess, if I want the strings to tighten up, I should tighten the truss rod, correct? And if I'm right in saying that, how much should I tighten it (by number of turns, I suppose.)? Not sure if this is relevant or not, but I have a Schecter Damien Elite. Thanks in advance
Quote by Explorerbuilder
Man, you are way off... tightening the truss rod has nothing to do with making teh strings tighter or looser. It only corrects the neck and is meant to make it straight. the tuning and scale length is the only thing that affects string tension.

I probably should have waited for your reply before messing with the truss rod, then...I mean, I've tweaked it a little bit before in order to get rid of the buzzing, but when I tested out my theory, something went wrong, I think...I mean, you can get the thing in tune perfectly, but as I go down the neck, each note is way too sharp...should I give up and just take it somewhere?
Quote by mtshark
You want a bigger string gauge.

This.

Drop tuning = heavier gauge plus re-setup