I have a super twin reverb and was thinking about getting a bass guitar. I don't really have room for 2 amplifiers so I am wondering if there would be any negative consequences to using my super twin with a bass. I don't play at really loud volumes. Any damage to the circuits or tubes? I cannot think of anything that could go wrong since it is just a few octaves difference, but there are often things you won't think about. Just would like to know before I get one.
There is a chance that the frequencies will be too low for the speakers to handle, thus blowing them. If you have an external speaker socket on the back (and it disconnects the internal one when engaged) then (in theory) it should work if you plug in a dedicated bass driver - maybe a 2x10 or something similar. Then just stack your amp on top.
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
The speakers are aftermarket EVM-12Ls...I'm not sure if the amplifier has any sort internal crossover.
Not sure what the frequency response is - and it would also depend on the bass pickup's output...
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
What he said ^^

A very high risk. Nothing kills a guitar speaker like a bass.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I've always wondered why if a bass is supposed to damage a guitar speaker, how is my speaker able to handle the sub octaves in my POG2?
Quote by Baconator1228
I've always wondered why if a bass is supposed to damage a guitar speaker, how is my speaker able to handle the sub octaves in my POG2?

It's not the frequency that kills them, it's the attack.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Baconator1228

The suboctaves from a guitar sound nothing like a bass guitar. If so, then why are we still using bass guitars in the first place?

Like Cath said, it's the attack. Bass speakers can move more than guitar speakers, and usually are more resistant to ripping.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Last edited by Reincaster at Oct 5, 2011,
It's about overexcursion of the speaker. You really do need to be using bass speakers.
No - like I said, match the ohms and plug in a dedicated bass cab.