No.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
No no no no no lol
Gear:
Shecter Omen 6 with Seymour Duncan SH-6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Frontman 25r (crappy)
MXR CAE WAH
Digitech HardWire TL-2 Metal Distortion (Makes the amp sound not shitty)
I know a local Tweed heads band called The Lane Cove, their guitarist uses a Jim Root Tele and they're an awesome band.
I love tune-a-matic bridges, but I think it would be hard to do so on a Jim Root.
METAL!
Yes, it can be done, but not without some major modifications. Seymour Duncan's famous TeleGib (sold commercially as the Duncan 35) is one such example:

You'd be better off ordering a parts Tele from Warmoth and having it set up for a stop tailpiece and a tune-o-matic from the outset.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by Pac_man0123
The modifications wouldn't be THAT major. All he'd have to do is take off the stock bridge, locate the posts for the TOM and stoptail, drill them, and install it...

You're forgetting the big hole where the strings come through the body...
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
He hasn't bought the Jim Root tele yet, he made an SG vs Jim Root tele thread.

I think instead of going through the hassle, buying the parts, and leaving unsightly holes in the body, he ought to just get the SG.

Personally, I think TOMs are crap, but if he likes the feel that much, then he should just get the correct guitar.
Quote by W4RP1G
He hasn't bought the Jim Root tele yet, he made an SG vs Jim Root tele thread.

I think instead of going through the hassle, buying the parts, and leaving unsightly holes in the body, he ought to just get the SG.

Personally, I think TOMs are crap, but if he likes the feel that much, then he should just get the correct guitar.

I'm perplexed about the SG thing... Where did TS say he was looking at the JR Tele vs an SG?
Quote by FatalGear41
Yes, it can be done, but not without some major modifications. Seymour Duncan's famous TeleGib (sold commercially as the Duncan 35) is one such example:

You'd be better off ordering a parts Tele from Warmoth and having it set up for a stop tailpiece and a tune-o-matic from the outset.

That looks SO FREAKING BEAUTIFUL!!!
Gear:
Shecter Omen 6 with Seymour Duncan SH-6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Frontman 25r (crappy)
MXR CAE WAH
Digitech HardWire TL-2 Metal Distortion (Makes the amp sound not shitty)
Quote by DamagingExcess
That looks SO FREAKING BEAUTIFUL!!!

It is rather neat, isn't it? Buy it while you can. If I am not mistaken, Duncan is making only 35 of them (hence "Duncan 35").
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
It's not just a question of taking off the old bridge, filling in some holes and drilling new ones. You'd also have to angle the neck pocket and if you get that wrong by even one degree the guitar is written off, more or less.

If you want a Tele shape with HxH routing and a tune-o bridge, go to Warmoth. They'll do it for you and you could put on any Tele neck you wanted and that woudl be a MIA body, not a 7-piece MIM one liek the Jim Root model. A Warmoth body, a Fender Tele neck from eBay and a EMG set would cost less than the Jim Root model + modding it.
Quote by grohl1987
It's not just a question of taking off the old bridge, filling in some holes and drilling new ones. You'd also have to angle the neck pocket and if you get that wrong by even one degree the guitar is written off, more or less.

If you want a Tele shape with HxH routing and a tune-o bridge, go to Warmoth. They'll do it for you and you could put on any Tele neck you wanted and that woudl be a MIA body, not a 7-piece MIM one liek the Jim Root model. A Warmoth body, a Fender Tele neck from eBay and a EMG set would cost less than the Jim Root model + modding it.

Good point.