Hey there, Id just like some input on the correct order of my pedals. Dont have many but here goes:

Current Set Up:
Guitar>Sd-1(Gt Modded Set for Mid High Gain)>Ts9 ( Set for bluesy breakup)>Mxr Gt-od (Tighten up drive channel)>Amp (Blackstar HT-5 combo).

Effects loop:

Send>Line 6 M9>Mxr 10band eq>Fx Return

So my main concern is ordering of the Od pedals. I dont normally stack pedals to build the gain. My main drive for most everything comes from my amp. I would actually like to have my Ts9 in there for high gain solos to smooth everything out and add sustain and really make things scream. Any tips on the ordering would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
If you don't typically stack them, then it doesn't really matter that much. Only advice I can provide is try them in different positions in the settings you like and stack them, and see if it yields any usable sounds. If not, eh, no big loss cause you get most of your tone from your amp anyways.

Myself with my Flanger and Chorus, the only reason I have them in the order they are in (Chorus -> Flanger) is because the Flanger has a stereo out, and my Delay has a stereo in, and so I have that option whenever I find myself using a stereo rig. Only reason I use these as a seemingly random example is because I don't stack my modulations pedals.

Again, my advice is experiment and see what yields the most desirable results for you. Don't bother screwing with settings trying to get them to stack properly. If you like the settings now, don't touch them xP Just try different orders and see how they stack.
Epi Explorer
Squier Vintage Modified Tele

Dunlop Crybaby (modded)
TC Polytune
Marshall ED-1
Vexter Box of Rock
Harmonic Jerkulator (home made)
Boss CE-3
Line6 Echo Park

Modified Traynor YCV40
Fender Super Champ XD
3 drive pedals
3 positions to put them in

6 combinations that you can do yourself.

1 absolutely pointless thread.
Last edited by Sputnik1 at Oct 5, 2011,
Quote by Sputnik1
3 drive pedals
3 positions to put them in

6 combinations that you can do yourself.

1 absolutely pointless thread.

Great Reply. Thanks a ton for this very helpful opinion of yours. What I was wondering was the general consensus for correct od pedal order was. Why is it that people cannot come to a forum and ask a question and not get flamed with it being pointless. If you and I were in a room and I asked you this question would you have the same reply or would you give me your opinion on how you think I should order my chain? I think that latter of the two. Tough guy.
Quote by TheycallmeLAMY
Great Reply. Thanks a ton for this very helpful opinion of yours. What I was wondering was the general consensus for correct od pedal order was. Why is it that people cannot come to a forum and ask a question and not get flamed with it being pointless. If you and I were in a room and I asked you this question would you have the same reply or would you give me your opinion on how you think I should order my chain? I think that latter of the two. Tough guy.

there is no "correct" way it's all about what works for you. try the various combinations and see what sounds best to you. this is the answer and the only one that makes sense. and yes this is what i'd tell you if we were in the same room, a dark alley or where ever it's the best answer.
Quote by TheycallmeLAMY

No I would still tell you that it is a personal matter not a right/wrong way issue. Take it or leave it.
I'd put EQs in the beginning somewhere. I guess it would be first for you because you dont have a comp, wah or tuner.

But thats just me.