Page 1 of 2
A 14 year old boy executes another kid in a classroom. He tried to recruit other kids to help him before committing the crime himself. Fourteen year olds are aware of and accountable of their actions. Sent the little **** to prison.

A judge has sensationally declared a mistrial in the long-running case of a teenager accused of murdering his gay classmate at their high school.
Jurors could not reach a unanimous decision on the degree on the guilt of Brandon McInerney, now 17, for killing Larry King, 15, three years ago.
The nine-woman, three-man panel unsuccessfully deliberated for a week over Larry’s death at a school in Ventura County, California.

Mistrial: Jurors could not reach a unanimous decision on the degree on the guilt of Brandon McInerney, now 17, left, for killing Larry King, 15, right, three years ago
Jurors took votes with the last one being seven for voluntary manslaughter, while five for either first-degree or second-degree murder.
Prosecutors must decide whether to re-file murder and hate crime charges against McInerney - aged 14 at the time but tried as an adult.
Ventura County Superior Court Judge Charles Campbell declared the mistral. Larry's family would not comment as they left the court.

Both sides agreed McInerney took a .22-caliber handgun to school in February 2008 and shot Larry twice in the back of the head.
It happened during a computer lab class in front of stunned classmates.
McInerney embraced a white supremacist philosophy that sees homosexuality as an abomination, Maeve Fox, prosecuting, said.

Anger: The shooting roiled gay-rights advocates and parents in Oxnard, a city about 60 miles northwest of Los Angeles, California
Police found Nazi-inspired drawings and artefacts at his house - and a white supremacist expert testified his ideology was behind the killing.
The attack was premeditated and at least six people heard him make threats against Larry in the days leading to the shooting, Ms Fox said.
‘He's basically confessed to first-degree murder in this case'
Maeve Fox, prosecuting
She said McInerney told a psychologist he wanted to kill Larry after he passed McInerney in a school hallway and said: ‘What's up, baby?’
‘He's basically confessed to first-degree murder in this case,’ Ms Fox said.
Defense lawyers admitted he was the shooter but reached an emotional breaking point after Larry made repeated unwanted sexual advances.
McInerney snapped when he heard moments before the shooting that Larry wanted to change his name to Latisha, the lawyers said.

Is it wrong that I wasn't thinking the kid was entirely responsible for his actions until I read that the kid he killed was gay?
Quote by .Joker.
Lol he's gunna be the homo in prison, hope he enjoys it.

If he ever goes to it. Troy Davis gets executed on almost no evidence and they can't send this guy to prison on about 20 witnesses and all the evidence in the world.
Jury got a big dick.

Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
I hate to be the one to say it, but welcome to the American "justice" system.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
Quote by Dirge Humani
You seem to have missed the word 'allegedly' in your post.

You seem to miss the fact that he shot him in front a classroom of students and that both sides agreed he did it (read the article).

Both sides agreed McInerney took a .22-caliber handgun to school in February 2008 and shot Larry twice in the back of the head. It happened during a computer lab class in front of stunned classmates. McInerney embraced a white supremacist philosophy that sees homosexuality as an abomination, Maeve Fox, prosecuting, said.
Quote by Dirge Humani
He did not do it until he is found guilty of doing it. He ALLEGEDLY shot him.

Okay. Read the article again bud. I'll repeat, both sides agree he committed the crime. If you're too stupid to understand that then I truly feel sorry for you.
Quote by Dirge Humani

Defence lawyers admit he shot the other kid. The jury discussion is whether it is voluntary manslaughter, 1st or 2nd degree murder.

Quote by Zeletros
How did he know he was gay?

The gay guy allegedly made numerous sexual advances towards him. Plus he was probably out of the closet, seeing as he was thinking about changing his name to Latisha.
Last edited by devourke at Oct 5, 2011,
No past history of delinquency and the fact that he was under 16 (the usual age of culpability) at the time of crime, the case should not have been transferred from juvenile court.
Bullshit. I'll say it. The little **** deserves nothing less than decapitation. I don't think that the other kid being Gay is relevant at all. He shot a kid. twice. In the head. This guy deserves the Jesus punishment.
My sig? Nice.
Fucking ridiculous. The defense probably played it like he was the victim of "bullying" from the gay kid too.

Can we get a link to an article?
Quote by Butt Rayge

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
Quote by yngwie ripoff
No past history of delinquency and the fact that he was under 16 (the usual age of culpability) at the time of crime, the case should not have been transferred from juvenile court.

This is stupid. He straight up killed a kid and he doesn't deserve to be tried as an adult? He made an adult decision to take a kid's life. He's an adult as far as I'm concerned (which isn't very far).
Quote by BurningTurkey
Bullshit. I'll say it. The little **** deserves nothing less than decapitation. I don't think that the other kid being Gay is relevant at all. He shot a kid. twice. In the head. This guy deserves the Jesus punishment.

Am I missing something here?
not that i'm siding with the dude at all but from what i've read the gay guy knew how to push dem buttons

lol past tense
Last edited by Doppelgänger at Oct 5, 2011,
Quote by StewieSwan
Hurray for conservative values!

Is it bad that I thought this too?
Quote by Zeletros
Am I missing something here?

As in getting hella beat and crucified...
My sig? Nice.
Quote by DiminishedFifth
This is stupid. He straight up killed a kid and he doesn't deserve to be tried as an adult? He made an adult decision to take a kid's life. He's an adult as far as I'm concerned (which isn't very far).

But, since he has not reached the age of culpability, he cannot be punished in criminal court for his actions, as you cannot punish those that are not blameworthy. 16 is the teetering point for trying a juvenile as an adult, even with a past history of delinquency and a murder. In this case, the child had no prior history and was 14. And indeed, the defense attorneys did use emotional distress as a mitigating circumstance, one that is very valid, at least in the eyes of most law professors I come into contact with.
Quote by yngwie ripoff
But, since he has not reached the age of culpability, he cannot be punished in criminal court for his actions, as you cannot punish those that are not blameworthy. 16 is the teetering point for trying a juvenile as an adult, even with a past history of delinquency and a murder. In this case, the child had no prior history and was 14. And indeed, the defense attorneys did use emotional distress as a mitigating circumstance, one that is very valid, at least in the eyes of most law professors I come into contact with.

I understand that, and it's, in my opinion, a flaw in the system. It shouldn't have reached out of Juvenile court, yet it did (and for a good reason): he killed somebody.

I'm interested, though... what do you think should happen to him?
Quote by BurningTurkey
As in getting hella beat and crucified...

And how is that related to decapitation?
Quote by Article
McInerney was a boy who couldn’t cry, because if he did his father would smack him in the face and tell him to take it like a man, his aunts testified.

This is how you raise a man.

Quote by Zeletros

Your executions are decaps? Da fuk.
Murder: Deliberate taking of ones life
Manslaughter: Deliberate taking of ones life
Involuntary manslaughter: Accidental death; Accidental gun discharge, vehicle accident

The gun didn't pick itself up and kill the gay kid, just indict him already for murder. ****.
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
Quote by Zeletros

I don't think it is. Maybe my two punishment options were unrelated? Or perhaps his head gets cut off just before he dies on the cross. Yeah... that.
My sig? Nice.
Quote by DiminishedFifth
I understand that, and it's, in my opinion, a flaw in the system. It shouldn't have reached out of Juvenile court, yet it did (and for a good reason): he killed somebody.

I'm interested, though... what do you think should happen to him?

Now what I think SHOULD happen to him and what the law says are two very different answers. I will leave retribution and the levying of punishments for the judge to deal with, I have enough Criminal Procedure looking me in the face as it is
Quote by yngwie ripoff
Now what I think SHOULD happen to him and what the law says are two very different answers. I will leave retribution and the levying of punishments for the judge to deal with, I have enough Criminal Procedure looking me in the face as it is

But I'm interested in what you think SHOULD happen to him. I know what the law thinks - I don't know what you think.
I'm going to leave before I become insulted at the level of ignorance towards the law that will inevitably be present itt.
Yo, where's your cited sources TS!?
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by BurningTurkey
I don't think it is. Maybe my two punishment options were unrelated? Or perhaps his head gets cut off just before he dies on the cross. Yeah... that.

Pretty sure Jesus never got Decapped bro. He wore a crown of thorns though. Not really that bad when you consider the alternative.
Quote by DiminishedFifth

But I'm interested in what you think SHOULD happen to him. I know what the law thinks - I don't know what you think.

Hmm, that now becomes an issue of how we should deal with the individual until he turns 18. Since he is 17 now, detention with mental evaluations and counseling would probably prove useless.
Quote by DiminishedFifth

Well.

I personally believe there's no place in this world for such people, so

Crucify him and decapitate afterwards.
Quote by devourke
Pretty sure Jesus never got Decapped bro. He wore a crown of thorns though. Not really that bad when you consider the alternative.

Quote by Butt Rayge

╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
Quote by Dirge Humani

Whether a person did something is question of fact, not what the jury decided. For example, if a jury decides a person is not guilty, that does not mean that they did not do something. Although it is true that the media would probably report this as allegedly, as people are assumed to be innocent until proven guilty in the US.
Page 1 of 2