It's time to play...What Should I Write a 12-25 page Story About???
Here's your host, TS!
Thank you, thank you. So anyway, I have to write a 12-25 page story for my Intro to Fiction Writing class, and I am in need of a topic. As participants in this wacky game show, you will have the opportunity to win fabulous prizes by suggesting ideas for me to write my story about. Prizes include Finn's golden battle sword, a ride on Fluttershy, ten minutes alone with Batman, and more!
May the best man win.

Which way I fly is Hell; myself am Hell;
And, in the lowest deep, a lower deep
Still threatening to devour me opens wide,
To which the Hell I suffer seems a Heaven.

Bored? read these, or this
Write about the conquests of the hideous mutant squid's army of cyborg zombie soldiers, and their dramatic triumph over the alien forces and Agent Disembodied Head's army of Agent Smith lookalikes, too busy warring to notice the squid.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Write about a game show on a popular internet forum. The winner has to write a 15-25 page paper.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by Nelsean
Write about a game show on a popular internet forum. The winner has to write a 15-25 page paper.

This. But the paper the right about has to be about a game show on a popular internet forum, where the winner has to right about a 15-25 page paper on a game on a popular internet forum.
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
Write about a girl who was brought up in central Africa and was raised to believe dictatorship is the natural order of everything. She never had any idea of any urban cities and believed the whole world was like her own. Then her country is invaded by (insert first-world country) and she realizes technology and civilized people exist. Then she is absorbed by the society who fought in war with her country and she discovers a new way of life.

Meh, just made that plotline off the top of my head, and now that I think about it it sounds kind of cliche.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Alvarez SLM
Orange Dark Terror
Orange PPC212OB 2x12 cab
Yamaha P-85 Keyboard
Quote by izbbass
This. But the paper the right about has to be about a game show on a popular internet forum, where the winner has to right about a 15-25 page paper on a game on a popular internet forum.

weeneedtogodeeper.jpg
Write about aliens invading Earth. Except they win and wipe out humanity.
They're mission? Make Earth a resort planet.
There weapon? Forcing grammar nazis into pure rage.
Write about a man who cannot remember anything about his life, society or anything else human really. He has an eternity with a single TV to watch all the events of humanity as it happened. Suddenly it ends, and the man is given a choice to let humanity be created or have never existed.

That man is dave grohl.
Quote by wizards?
weeneedtogodeeper.jpg

Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
i wrote 12 page stories in the 4th grade. write about a writer who is writing about a writer, who is mentally disabled or something
Quote by Lost Dog
Write about a man who cannot remember anything about his life, society or anything else human really. He has an eternity with a single TV to watch all the events of humanity as it happened. Suddenly it ends, and the man is given a choice to let humanity be created or have never existed.

That man is dave grohl.

That idea is THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST idea ever.
Suggestion #2: Write a superhero story about a former NFL all-star. Guy who could do anything - run like a sprinter, tackle with 1000 lbs. of power, keep running at full-speed with three guys trying to pull him down, fire at over 100 yeards with pinpoint accuracy. Gets diagnosed with cancer, and leaves football to put his skills to use as a superhero fighting crime, Batman-style without any superpowers. If you watch football, make him a combination of traits from players you like. Superbowl titles are optional. Name it after whatever position he played.

Last edited by necrosis1193 at Oct 5, 2011,
Damn, you guys really want that sword/ride on a pony/time with Batman. I am considering all ideas put forth so far except Dave Grohl deciding the fate of humanity, because I CLEARLY SPECIFIED this is a FICTION class.

Quote by mesopatamius
Damn, you guys really want that sword/ride on a pony/time with Batman. I am considering all ideas put forth so far except Dave Grohl deciding the fate of humanity, because I CLEARLY SPECIFIED this is a FICTION class.

1. Do your own homework.
2. I don't believe you understand the definition of fiction.
Quote by izbbass

Write about one man's struggle against homophones.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by wizards?
1. Do your own homework.

How is Dave Grohl deciding the fate of humanity at all fictional?

Also note I call dibs on any of the ideas I suggest that you don't use - I like these things.

Suggestion 3: Sky breaks. Literally. Turns out the world is really a computer simulation, and God's about to reset the world for breaking the game's fourth wall. The story chronicles the adventures of a group of human programs who hack from inside the computer, altering things so they can take control of God's peripherals to fight back to save humanity.

Quote by wizards?
1. Do your own homework.

1. Jokes
2. Totes jokes
3. ???
4. Profit.

Edit:
Quote by necrosis1193
How is Dave Grohl deciding the fate of humanity at all fictional?

That was my point

Last edited by mesopatamius at Oct 5, 2011,
write about a guy who practices lucid dreaming so well, that when he dies, [since the pineal gland releases a whole bunch of DMT when you die (IIRC, im not 100% sure)] he realizes that he is dead, and realizes that everything he is in is a dream for infinity. but make the story huge and elaborate and involve scientific quotes and research and citations. and have the last piece of paper for the story black with The End scribbled on it in white. make it very sudden though, and make it so he is only realizing that he is in infinity right before it all disappears. and have some very sad and depressing quote about life that is somewhat optimistic right at the very end of the story.

you'll thank me later.
Last edited by LolCatGuitar at Oct 5, 2011,
Something with the desert and drugs. Use this for inspiration: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEN1HTHLqDA

Quote by necrosis1193
Suggestion 3: Sky breaks. Literally. Turns out the world is really a computer simulation, and God's about to reset the world for breaking the game's fourth wall. The story chronicles the adventures of a group of human programs who hack from inside the computer, altering things so they can take control of God's peripherals to fight back to save humanity.

fuck my idea, this is amazing

still consider though, actually
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Write about a small orphaned boy who finds out he is a wizard and is taken away by a large bearded man to a school where he learns spells and shit.

I think you may experience moderate success.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Write about two lovers who overcome the odds and end up together. I think I saw a movie like that once.
Guess what? Everyone's a winner!
Here, as promised, is your prize:

As you can see, that is Batman riding a pony while wielding a sword.
I cannot take credit for this image, I found it on google.