I've been offered a very good price for the Cort 70-12E and would like to know if there's anyone here who has tried this guitar before could give me some thoughts on this piece? I will try it personally though, but I just wanna ask for your opinions before I travel all the way there just to be trying a piece of junk. This would be my first 12 string acoustic, and I've been in love with 12 string guitars for a very long time ago. BTW, I'm open for any other 12 string suggestions around that price range too. The 12 string acoustic I'm looking for must be able to withstand standard tuning.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Last edited by Broken-pick at Oct 5, 2011,
Bump?
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
No Cort players in the house?
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
i've heard good things about the cort earth series, but the models i've played - which don't include this one - didn't impress me even though i wanted them to. and i wasn't expecting great quality - just good for a solid top lam b&s guitar.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
Last edited by patticake at Oct 11, 2011,
Hmm 12 strings, I love them too! But oftentimes they fall into the "be careful what you wish for, you just might get it", category.

Currently, I have a long discontinued Epiphone 12 string. I've been thinking I'd like to electrify this axe. The only pickup I found that was in my short term price bracket, was a Seymore Duncan "Woody" electric sound hole humbucker.

I agonized for a minute, over not being able to find an under saddle transducer in my price range, thinking I would lose the acoustic sound of the instrument.

When my head cleared, I had an epiphany! "Who cares", I shouted to myself, "I hate the acoustic sound of this f****** guitar anyway"!

The above is anecdotal, and should have no bearing on your decision, "to buy, or not to buy, that is the question"! (As always, my sincerest apologies to the bard, for the inept paraphrasing of "Hamlet").

I will say this, twelves are certainly more difficult to fret than a comparable 6 string. So, you go to a 12 string light set, (.09 to .47). However, they also should be tuned down to at least D to D. (a full tone). When you do, the bass loses some control with the light strings. When you capo up to standard pitch, they then become a 12 fret guitar. A jack screw capo such as the "Planet Waves", are pretty much the only type that truly stop the octave strings from buzzing. The Kyser 12 string capos don't quite make it. I think the only person that successfully plays a 12 string on every song, is Roger McGuinn, and that is his Rickenbacker electric. (Yeah well, some of it might be overdubs, who knows)?