SO been playin mostly on a clean channel for a year n a half(is how long ive been playing).. bought a Vox vt20+ amp bout 11months ago and it has some effects on it and while it sounds much better then how my older amps, i cant quite get the sound of what I want ehh for example trying to find a lead sound

so basically what im getting at is im tryng to develop a progressive/instrumental/ some post rock type sound when I play ... ive brought a 40$ basic boss distortion pretty much the only foot pedal ive brought actually but wasnt really satisfied maybe i should look for the next step up from that one but anyway i dont have as much experience with gear... so am asking for a lil help with picking pedals at least "some opinions or suggestions about what pedals i should save up for in the future"

not rich or even close so budget would like to keep individual item under 100$ -150$ max

200$ maybe 300$ for an amp although currently i have a VOx vt20+ i brought for bout 200$ and I like it and not sure if there is an amp for around the same price that is noticably better then again i havent tried too many amps either

Plz no trolls (if my wording is to long or isnt formatted thats easy on the eye i apologize)
"its not the destination.... so much as the journey" one once said
Last edited by Marqway at Oct 5, 2011,
You really shouldn't use any pedals if you have a modeling amp, unless you know exactly what you're doing. The amp should have enough sounds built in, and they will most likely sound better than any cheap pedal anyway.

Do you have any examples of bands tones that you're trying to get?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Sound/tone Influences

Eric Johnson - (chord voicings are amazing)

Crush 40 - (the years of sonic adventure on the dreamcast would love to sound like their soundtrack lol)

Buckethead - when he's doing those melodic solos it just grabs me by the throat

alot more but these three are really tones would like to emulate
Last edited by Marqway at Oct 5, 2011,
For lead, try the "UK Rock" model. I'm assuming that's probably like a Plexi model or something. For rhythm, try the "US Blues". That's most likely a Fender of some sort, possibly a Twin or Deluxe Reverb. You can also try putting the "Org Dist" on top of the US Blues.

Just play around with that, see if you can come up with anything.

You may also like "US high gain" or "US metal" for lead tones. I'm assuming one of those is probably a 6505 model, and the other a Dual Rectifier model. Sorry I can't help more, but I don't have that amp.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Last edited by Offworld92 at Oct 5, 2011,
Noted.... Thanx
am feeling the uk rock model .... but what I did was, take the presets off and did manual mode... and it sounds better
and also just messed around with the us blues... was actually not bad again took off preset mode i think thats what got me
Yeah, that's really important for any modeling amp. Presets are almost never going to be what you personally want.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X