My curse - killswitch engaged is a fav song of mine... would love to learn how to play this song and i think i could actually pull it off only

only problem is ... its in c tuning... and im not that familar with tuning c and would prefer to leave My guitar on E tuning
"its not the destination.... so much as the journey" one once said
you can just tune you guitar to drop D instead of drop C and follow the tab. It will sound okey, it'll just be in a different key, so you won't be able to play along with the song. you could also play it in E standard, but you'd have to adjust the tab (and it would also be in different key) or you can just tune your guitar to drop C (drop all strings one step and low E by 2 steps)
Download Tux guitar (it's a free version of Guitar Pro), download a good tab of My Curse, and then you can change the tuning on the guitar to E tuning. Hey Presto! It's now in E tuning, and you can play along with it!
Quote by Wisthekiller
How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?
C tuning is exactly the same as E tuning except it's lower.
So you can play it, but it will sound weedy, because My Curse features allot of notes lower than the low E.
Just tune down to C, it's pretty easy, and everything is exactly the same except, lower.
METAL!
Quote by Ultraussie
C tuning is exactly the same as E tuning except it's lower.

although this is pretty much true, according to the tabs i've seen, my curse is in drop C
Drop C isnt that difficult to get to.
CGCFAD.
Go a step down, then drop the top string again.
Quote by Kalo Hanaka
Download Tux guitar (it's a free version of Guitar Pro), download a good tab of My Curse, and then you can change the tuning on the guitar to E tuning. Hey Presto! It's now in E tuning, and you can play along with it!

u have a link to tuxguitar?

been tryng to google it but i keep gettng redirected
http://tuxguitar.herac.com.ar/

edit: just click download on the top and select which version you prefer. If you're running windows you would most probably like the 'Excelsior JET native' version
Last edited by KorYi at Oct 10, 2011,
thanx
now just gotta figure out how to work this thing... mainly how to get tabs on it
thanx,
lol now how do i tune this thing to E- tune