hey everyone im thinking of a relativley small device half size of a laptop or so that i can put on stage with me and press a button to play some recorded stuff ive already got on there?

even better would be if i could play somthing then play that bit straight back to me

i hope someone knows what im talking about!
A loop pedal?
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
I don't know if there's a combo out there or not, but you're describing a sampler and a loop machine. As far as I know those are separate units. It would make a little sense if someone would combine them, but I don't think they have. If you can use a laptop, you could always get Ableton Live and a controller for it as that will do what you're wanting. I wouldn't cheap out on Ableton though, the cheapest version is practically useless for what you're wanting.
Quote by dylann
hey everyone im thinking of a relativley small device half size of a laptop or so that i can put on stage with me and press a button to play some recorded stuff ive already got on there?

even better would be if i could play somthing then play that bit straight back to me

i hope someone knows what im talking about!

That style of music generally is made with samplers as you can get those 8-bit sounds into a board and play them back on stage live. I'd look into different sampler pedal boards or midi controlled rack mounted computer rigs.
Last edited by moody07747 at Oct 7, 2011,
In that video, he's using a Roland SP 404. That should help you out!
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
If it is just a backing track you want, I'd go really cheap and really simple (assuming you already have one of these devices, or similar) and just use an iPod.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
DI this baby and you're sorted
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial