Page 1 of 3
Title says it all.
It doesn't matter which sport you follow, how do you choose which is your favourite sporting team?

Being South Australian, I followed the Adelaide Crows in Aussie rules football for years, mainly because I was born and raised in this state, but in previous years I've switched over to Carlton because the majority of my family has supported them for years.

So how do you choose which team to follow?

EDIT: I should also point out, I'm not really a huge fan of sports, but hell, I watch it and enjoy it enough to pass the time, but I'm not a fanatic.
Last edited by tyler_j at Oct 5, 2011,
Your fathers team, the area you're from, the area you live in, the team you admire, the rivals of the team you dislike.

Not a big fan of the type of person who follows the team he dislikes rivals, but it takes all sorts. I suppose some people follow a certain player to different teams, rarely.
Horseness is the whatness of allhorse.
We are all Neil Lennon
UG GT5 group
Is a fellow countryman in it? Yes. Does the team suck? No. Manchester United.

Keep in mind, I find all of America's popular sports boring so I'm not a Dolphin's, Marlin's or Heat fan.

I could have been a Panther's fan though.
Last edited by metaldud536 at Oct 5, 2011,
I follow all Bay Area teams because that's where I lived when I got into sports.

All the others are arbitrary.
cat
Quote by metaldud536
Is a fellow countryman in it? Yes. Does the team suck? No.
Location + sig = >.>
We are all Neil Lennon
UG GT5 group
but he plays for everton now.

stick with your principles.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
I think that only applies to international players. Otherwise I'd have to support every team in the world.

It's hard enough supporting every team in England

and moscow
We are all Neil Lennon
UG GT5 group
Pick a team and stick with it.

I hate it when people just constantly switch teams like a bunch of assholes.

But then again I don't follow sports.
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by metaldud536
Dolphin's Marlin's and Panther's

Oh my!

Nah but seriously, no apostrophes needed.
PM me for newts
Quote by Burgery
Pick a team and stick with it.

I hate it when people just constantly switch teams like a bunch of assholes.

But then again I don't follow sports.

I could have remained a neutral. Just a note: I'd never call myself a United supporter until I actually fly over there and watch some games.
I choose the teams everyone hates because they win a lot.

Yankees, Patriots, yada yada...
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Either the sports team from my area, or whatever will annoy the people around me most.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
I root for my old college team. As well as UNC because the majority of my family went there so I go to many of their games for various sports.

And I really like the Braves. There's no nearby MLB club here so...
My brother started supporting United when he's about 4, glory supporter. So I went for their rivals. Sorted.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Toronto teams.

Also, for the NFL the Raiders because that's what I was raised with by my dad. Used to wear a raiders hat everywhere when I was a little kid.

Also I've been an Avs fan as long as I can remember as well. Not really sure exactly how that started to be honest.
For most sports I guess the one that's the closest, or my friends are following since through them I get "used to" that team so to speak.

For NFL I picked the one that pissed off Don the most. Patriots!
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
well for all the teams I support

Team Canada: I AM CANADIAN
Toronto Blue Jays: Canada's Team
Toronto Maple Leafs: Canada's Team
Toronto Raptors: Canada's Team
TFC: I used to work for them
Vancouver Canucks: Need something to watch after the Leafs game
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
I root for all the older traditional New York teams, so Yankees (not Mets), Giants (not Jets), Knicks (not Nets) and Rangers (not Islanders). Pretty simple.

Oh, and Penn State for college football because there are no real college football teams in NYC and Joe Paterno is from my old neighborhood in Brooklyn.
I've just done it based on what my family has influenced me to like. Their teams have for the most part rubbed off on me.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Well I live near Philly so that's why I follow those teams, plus that's who my parent follow. I'm sure if my parents weren't Philadelphia sports fans though I would cheer for their teams.

Quote by Nelsean
I choose the teams everyone hates because they win a lot.

Yankees, Patriots, yada yada...

You're the worst kind of sports fan.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Oct 5, 2011,
I support Chelsea because my dad does.

I follow the San Diego Chargers because I liked there jersey when i was playing my first nfl game.

Denver Nuggets because i was bought jersey as a kid and just carried on following
Down they come
The swarm of locusts
Skies above
Converge to choke us
Feast of souls
Consume the harvest
Young and old
Suffer unto the locust
I give no fucks about sports and I never understood having any sort of nationalistic pride in a team. I'm not playing the game, so I don't see how I should give a shit if that team wins or loses
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
My mam (yeah I know not my dad! - yes I am sure, you cunts..) supported Arsenal so that was what I grew up with. I'm quite a proud supporter, which is something that is becoming rarer recently. I've never seen Arsenal in such a bad state but that doesn't matter.
Quote by Minkaro
Lies. You wanted to be a glory hunter too, but you picked badly

Nuh-uh, I just hated my brother and wanted to be different.

Hometown.

Maybe it's just a Houston thing, but there seem to be a lot of assholes here who like to cheer for other teams simply out of spite or because they like the other team's colors or logo. It's usually just dumb thugs who like the Raiders and the Steelers because they think it makes them look like a hardass.
Quote by metaldud536
Is a fellow countryman in it? Yes. Does the team suck? No. Manchester United.

Keep in mind, I find all of America's popular sports boring so I'm not a Dolphin's, Marlin's or Heat fan.

I could have been a Panther's fan though.

Says the guy who watches soccer

OT: I usually root for the same teams my friends are going for. I never watch sports unless im hanging out with some friends, and alcohol is usually involved.
Quote by Minkaro
Understandable. I too have a brother.

You're a glory supporter though

Nebraska fan because of my family. We are all cornhuskers. I like the Denver Broncos because John Elway was an Idol for me as a kid. I also like the LA Angels. Used to be a KC fan. but since I met Darin Erstad I've been a fan.
Page 1 of 3