Hi guys!
My band is looking into recording some songs again (we recorded by just playing it, sort of a live version). But now we'd like to do it a little better (seperate tracks, click track, all that stuff), and since I'm the guy who does a bunch of the technical stuff and owns the recording equipment (granted, it's only a Blue Yeti), I'm in charge of that.
Right now, I'm busy making the click tracks, but I just started wondering... What software would be best to record and mix (just a little rough mixing, I haven't really mixed anything, ever) our stuff? I'd use either Audacity or Reaper and I'm leaning a bit towards Reaper for the mixing, but Audacity is really easy to work with and might be a bit easier to record with. What do you guys think?

Also, it's not meant to sound anything like a real studio, just better than what we had (which, trust me, shouldn't be that hard).
Thanks a lot!
Gear:
Fender Jazzmaster
Boss DS-2
Digitech RP150 (with Line6 EX-1 Exp pedal)
Orange Crush 30R

My Youtube Page
Read this!You know you really want to...

I would go with Reaper. If your are not using a lot of sequencing and haven't already laid down a bunch of money on a DAW Reaper seems like the obvious choice today.

If I hadn't already purchased a DAW with life time updates (and having used it for many years to the point its crucial to my work flow), I would probably be using Reaper myself.
@FireHawk: We don't have any synths of stuff like that, so no sequencing .

But yeah, I guess I'll go with Reaper then (lildudenikki: I neither have a Mac, nor the money for stuff like that), except if there are any more (free) suggestions?
Gear:
Fender Jazzmaster
Boss DS-2
Orange Crush 30R

My Youtube Page

reaper. audacitys destructive when editing, although yes, very easy to use.
reaper comes with a wealth of great and very usable VSTs. ReaComp, ReaEQ, ReaVerb, are all regulars for me.
PRS CE22
PRS SE Santana
Fender Spalted Maple Tele
Squier Affinity Tele w.mods
Mesa Boogie Mark IV Combo + 212 Recto Cab
Homemade Ash Bass
BBE Two Timer
DUNLOP Wah
BOSS GE-7
KORG Pitchblack
MXR Dyna Comp

www.myspace.com/shapesofgrey
I have Sonar, Studio One, Cubase 4.5 AI, Logic 9 (on my Mac) and use REAPER almost exclusively - it's just GREAT - has everything a boy could want and low CPU usage too. It really stands up to all them high-dollar DAWs.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
I just use audacity not the best but it works just need the right recording equipment...
Thanks guys, I'm gonna go with Reaper then . Just wondering if you guys know any decent mixing tutorials or have any advice you want to share with someone who has never mixed before and would like to pick it up.

Thanks again!
Gear:
Fender Jazzmaster
Boss DS-2
Orange Crush 30R

My Youtube Page