i dont really know the difference between guitar and regular music theory so would the book route be better or online? Musictheory.net was confusing because i had no clue what any of that stuff was.
ESP LTD EC-1000 vintage black
sunburst fender MIM tele
Epiphone LP standard ebony
Mesa/boogie dual rectifier
Mesa/Boogie .50 caliber plus head
Marshall JCM900 Hi-gain MII 2500
Fender Hot rod Deluxe
Quote by Cloudkicker
i dont really know the difference between guitar and regular music theory so would the book route be better or online? Musictheory.net was confusing because i had no clue what any of that stuff was.

There is no difference - music is music, melody is melody, harmony is harmony, intervals are intervals and theory is theory.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by Cloudkicker

Are you looking for free only? If so, then I am afraid, I dont have anything better than Mike Dodge or Music-theory.net I could recommend.

If not and you could afford private lessons, we teach it (theory from the absolute basics, and all the way through to advanced ideas, applied to the guitar) online, and I have any many students from UG, none of them even have to post for help in this forum any more!

If you'd like a Course Catalog of what all we teach, feel free to drop me a PM, with your email, and I'll do my best to help.

Best,

Sean