Page 1 of 2
hi guys , so i have been playing acoustic guitar for 2 years now and i want to buy an electric guitar i have a budget of 400$ for the guitar and going to get a roland cube 15x or this line 6 spider iv ( http://www.amazon.com/Line-Spider-IV-15-Amplifier/dp/B002GYWBIM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1317826888&sr=8-1 ) i will be playing rock and metal
so should i get an ibanez or esp or BC rich or epiphone or what ? ( i dont want to get a used one i might get scammed dont want to risk )

thanks in advance
Last edited by classical15 at Oct 5, 2011,
I would suggest that you go with the Roland Cube. Buying used isn't as scary as you may think, but I understand your concern. For you budget though, you can't go wrong with an agile.

Agile AL-2000

That one is a little cheaper than your budget, and the rest of that money you could contribute to buying a better amp.
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
Last edited by RealGuitarHero at Oct 5, 2011,
Ibanez has great price/quality, especially for lower end guitars. B.C.Rich has nice guitars on the higher end of the scale.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Jackson Soloist Std. Professional '93
DiMarzio Evolution (bridge) SD Lil' Screamin Demon (neck)

-B.C. Rich Warlock Special Edition Metal Web

-Peavey Bandit 112
Vintage make some fairly sweet copies at ridiculously low prices.
Dude, where's my band?
Ibanez RGA32
GEAR:
Fender Classic Player Jaguar Special HH
Ibanez RGA-32
Peavey Vypyr 15
Line 6 Pod Studio GX + Pod Farm
Go used, you will get twice the guitar for your money. Also, try and get an amp with a 10inch speaker, and not a Spider.

Look into used ibanez S470 and S420. Avoid ibanez with the edge III tremolo. Also, if your in the US, korean schecters can be had cheap used. Find one with real duncan pickups if you can, but if not, duncan designed pickups will work.
Quote by W4RP1G
Go used, you will get twice the guitar for your money. Also, try and get an amp with a 10inch speaker, and not a Spider.

Look into used ibanez S470 and S420. Avoid ibanez with the edge III tremolo. Also, if your in the US, korean schecters can be had cheap used. Find one with real duncan pickups if you can, but if not, duncan designed pickups will work.

it will be hard to get a used one as there isnt many used electric guitars here also i dont want risk
Quote by RealGuitarHero
I would suggest that you go with the Roland Cube. Buying used isn't as scary as you may think, but I understand your concern. For you budget though, you can't go wrong with an agile.

Agile AL-2000

That one is a little cheaper than your budget, and the rest of that money you could contribute to buying a better amp.

+1. For your budget, an Agile will definitely get you the most bang for your buck. And the Cube is definitely the better amp - stay away from Line 6!
Quote by blaaargh
+1. For your budget, an Agile will definitely get you the most bang for your buck. And the Cube is definitely the better amp - stay away from Line 6!

i see , but i still need at least 2 more choices in my head because i never heared about An Agile so it my not be available
Quote by RealGuitarHero

Agile AL-2000

I also suggest the al2000, pretty sweet guitar just might be a tad heavy if you're a small guy.
amp wise i would go with a peavey vypyr 15w
but that's just me.
NEW SIGNATURE!
Quote by aeromakesmusic
I also suggest the al2000, pretty sweet guitar just might be a tad heavy if you're a small guy.
amp wise i would go with a peavey vypyr 15w
but that's just me.

what would you suggest incase i couldnt find the al2000?
'Guys, for fecks sake, stop recommending agile ts lives in fecking egypt! If i can't get an agile without hassle what chance does he have? seriously some americans seem to think that there is only one country on this planet! (no offence other americans that dont.)
What kinda online shops do you have for guitar shit over there? post a link and post a budget i'll recommend from there
Knowing that your in Egypt makes things a little different. You could possibly get an Agile shipped to you, but you would have to get in touch with them. Also, if you know of a website that ships to Egypt, and/or the middle east, let us know. I know that Proguitarshop ships to anywhere in the world, iirc.

Take a look at an Epiphone G-400, those are generally available at most guitar shops and should be within your budget.
Quote by coolstoryangus
'Guys, for fecks sake, stop recommending agile ts lives in fecking egypt! If i can't get an agile without hassle what chance does he have? seriously some americans seem to think that there is only one country on this planet! (no offence other americans that dont.)
What kinda online shops do you have for guitar shit over there? post a link and post a budget i'll recommend from there

there isnt an online shop specialy for guitars here but all ibanez and esp are available here also bc rich are available on an online shop http://www.e3050.com/Electric%20Guitars--ELECGUIT.aspx all the guitar on this link are within my budget which is 400$ also epiphones are available
well avoid lower end bc rich.. low end ltd isnt brilliant
with ibanez try and look for one without a double locking tremolo system like the rga42/32 rg321, sa160 etc.
If you can get a yamaha pacifica 112 thats a standard for the starter guitar.
Quote by coolstoryangus
well avoid lower end bc rich.. low end ltd isnt brilliant
with ibanez try and look for one without a double locking tremolo system like the rga42/32 rg321, sa160 etc.
If you can get a yamaha pacifica 112 thats a standard for the starter guitar.

well i dont what a double locking tremelo system is and is the examples that you give have a double locking tremelo system ? i thought that the rg321 is a fixed bridge ?
and no i dont like the yamaha pacifica at all it doesnt have humbuckers and i want to play slash's/metallica's stuff
Quote by Ghold125
Knowing that your in Egypt makes things a little different. You could possibly get an Agile shipped to you, but you would have to get in touch with them. Also, if you know of a website that ships to Egypt, and/or the middle east, let us know. I know that Proguitarshop ships to anywhere in the world, iirc.

Take a look at an Epiphone G-400, those are generally available at most guitar shops and should be within your budget.

i looked at the epiphone g 400 yesterday it sound very good http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1N-UMbJyUvk&feature=related
Quote by classical15
well i dont what a double locking tremelo system is and is the examples that you give have a double locking tremelo system ? i thought that the rg321 is a fixed bridge ?
and no i dont like the yamaha pacifica at all it doesnt have humbuckers and i want to play slash's/metallica's stuff

It has a bridge pickup which is enough .
Yes the rg321 is a fixed bridge I was recommending it
Double locking trems are a big chunk of metal for the whammy bar with 3 screws at the nut to lock it.
Avoid those for a first guitar, hard to tune, and you wont get a good one cheap.
Quote by coolstoryangus
Double locking trems are a big chunk of metal for the whammy bar with 3 screws at the nut to lock it.
Avoid those for a first guitar, hard to tune, and you wont get a good one cheap.

i see so no cheap esp ok now its down to an ibanez rg321 or epiphone 400 which is better ?
Quote by classical15
it will be hard to get a used one as there isnt many used electric guitars here also i dont want risk

Sorry, I didn't know you were in Egypt. There's no risk in buying a used guitar if you know what to look for.
Quote by classical15
i see so no cheap esp ok now its down to an ibanez rg321 or epiphone 400 which is better ?

There is no "better". It depends on what you like. If you can't try it out then look up reviews or demos of them.
Personally, I prefer the G400 but again, someone else may like the RG.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Quote by classical15

both are good for a first guitar but have totally different feels. You'll need to try them if possible.
Defnitely go for an Ibanez RG321, very good for a starter guitarist who is into metal, should be around 1800L.E. give or take. It's got a great (thin) neck and will sound good with the Cube. That is actually the combo I started with and I bought the equipment from Egypt btw.
TESTAMENT, SCAR SYMMETRY......SELF EXPLANATORY

ALEX SKOLNICK, PER NILSSON........ADULATION MANDATORY

Gear: JACKSON RR3

Member#25 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS CLUB. PM Revelations to Join
Quote by breakstuff
Defnitely go for an Ibanez RG321, very good for a starter guitarist who is into metal, should be around 1800L.E. give or take. It's got a great (thin) neck and will sound good with the Cube. That is actually the combo I started with and I bought the equipment from Egypt btw.

its good for guns n roses stuff 2 right ?
Quote by classical15
its good for guns n roses stuff 2 right ?

Can definitely handle GNR; Slash solos are very doable on that neck from personal experience.
TESTAMENT, SCAR SYMMETRY......SELF EXPLANATORY

ALEX SKOLNICK, PER NILSSON........ADULATION MANDATORY

Gear: JACKSON RR3

Member#25 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS CLUB. PM Revelations to Join
Quote by breakstuff
Can definitely handle GNR; Slash solos are very doable on that neck from personal experience.

cool , thanks for help
Since you're in egypt Agile guitar isn't that good priced for you because of the shipping and import duties. Take a look at Vintage guitar. They're quite nice for the price in this side of the world.
http://www.guitarbitz.com/guitars-c48/electric-guitars-c57#m73

Or you can just aim for a cheap Ibanez like RG321 or something.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Quote by hminh87
Since you're in egypt Agile guitar isn't that good priced for you because of the shipping and import duties. Take a look at Vintage guitar. They're quite nice for the price in this side of the world.
http://www.guitarbitz.com/guitars-c48/electric-guitars-c57#m73

Or you can just aim for a cheap Ibanez like RG321 or something.

its an ibanez but im looking for a video of someone playing rock solo on the ibanez rg321 because everybody seems to play metal on the rg321 and i want to see how it do with screams comparinf to epi g400
Last edited by classical15 at Oct 6, 2011,
Quote by coolstoryangus

what if i got the rg350ex ? its within my budget but it has a double locking trem but im not going to change the guitar im going to buy for the next 3-4 years so i thought about getting a guitar with whammy bar from the beginning tuning seems impossible but i will buy a guitar with a whammy at somepoint right?
Having a guitar with a whammy bar as a first guitar is a sure recipe for frustration. Even if you think you'll use it a lot (and honestly, I think they're kinda dumb, and if I had a guitar with a trem, I'd probably never touch it, but that's just me), your guitar will probably have a shitty trem, which will constantly go out of tune and restringing it will be a nightmare. If you really want a trem, wait until you can afford a good one.
As for the Epiphone vs the Ibanez, the Epiphone will be better for riffing, and the Ibanez will be better for shredding. Personally, I'd go for the Epiphone, as the build quality seems a bit better, and it's got a set neck, but it's up to you.
Quote by blaaargh
Having a guitar with a whammy bar as a first guitar is a sure recipe for frustration. Even if you think you'll use it a lot (and honestly, I think they're kinda dumb, and if I had a guitar with a trem, I'd probably never touch it, but that's just me), your guitar will probably have a shitty trem, which will constantly go out of tune and restringing it will be a nightmare. If you really want a trem, wait until you can afford a good one.
As for the Epiphone vs the Ibanez, the Epiphone will be better for riffing, and the Ibanez will be better for shredding. Personally, I'd go for the Epiphone, as the build quality seems a bit better, and it's got a set neck, but it's up to you.

i see so no trem , the epiphone will be my first choice if i didnt find it i will get an ibanez . thanks
If you go ibanez go for one without a double locking trem like the rg321 or one of the hardtail rgas. All solid enough for starter guitars but avoid double locking trems just now.
Quote by coolstoryangus
If you go ibanez go for one without a double locking trem like the rg321 or one of the hardtail rgas. All solid enough for starter guitars but avoid double locking trems just now.

ok i will thanks
Get a telecaster.

/thread
WARNING:
The above is most likely sarcasm, so fuck yourself if you're offended.
Quote by shavorules42
Hey look! An intelligent post!
Quote by WCPhils
One time I saw a religious person eating so I don't do that anymore.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Save water. Drink alcohol.
Page 1 of 2