I've finished recording a song into Reaper via my POD X3 and when I render it, it loses so much quality and over all feel. Not to mention the volume of it all is cut in half. I just don't understand.. I tried rendering it into wav, mp3, flac (I thought maybe rendering into flac then into mp3 that it wouldn't be that bad of a hit of quality) but nothing seems to work. What I hear in Reaper sounds amazing, but it just wont render into that same sound. It sounds real in Reaper, rendered it sounds airy.

I'd appreciate any and all help I can get from you guys!
I'm brand new at recording, could you please explain to me how to stop clipping?
Anything that goes over +6 on the master is clipping, if you watch the outer volume bars, it's also measured as a red box above the bars, telling you exactly how much it clipped.

On your individual tracks, try and keep everything at -6 db, it'll keep your master from clipping.
I set everything up like you said, but I'm still getting a very dim sound when I render :\
Go with the maximum setting. MP3 is notorious for cutting out alot of volume and quality in Reaper. You may not get the full volume and quality, but you'll get enough. Unless you start to compress things, Reaper will always play it louder than once you convert it to MP3.
It's kind of depressing really :P The song loses a lot of life when I render, even at max settings. And when I said it felt airy, that might be due to the lack of any apparent bass in the rendered version.
This is so odd! It plays perfectly in Windows Media Player, but sounds so dim in Winamp xD

Uploading the MP3 soon
Quote by ethan_hanus
Anything that goes over +6 on the master is clipping, if you watch the outer volume bars, it's also measured as a red box above the bars, telling you exactly how much it clipped.

On your individual tracks, try and keep everything at -6 db, it'll keep your master from clipping.

Just thought I'd point out that anything above 0dBFS is clipping... basic principle of digital audio recording, 0dBFS is the technical maximum peak level for any waveform.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Sounds like an intro video for a gear demo channel.
Ibanez AS93
Fender Marauder
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Quote by muso_catolico
Sounds like an intro video for a gear demo channel.

exactly what i was thinking.
still pretty solid though i liked it.
NEW SIGNATURE!
audio still sounds kinda low quality to me... what settings did you use when recording this? was this recorded at 44k/24bit?
Quote by z4twenny
audio still sounds kinda low quality to me... what settings did you use when recording this? was this recorded at 44k/24bit?

Yes, it was. The loss in quality is probably my fault considering I experimented with different file types before resting with MP3.

But thanks guys! To be honest, I'm going to be moving in another direction musically (progressive metal/progressive rock). Next time I am going to take a lot more time recording my songs.
Quote by Hiearchy
Not sure if that's a good thing o__O
It sounds Youtube compressed, it is only in 360p. But stylistically it sounds like the intro song for any random gear demo. That's not a bad thing, it's actually good because you pulled it off well!
Ibanez AS93
Fender Marauder
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Quote by Hiearchy
Thanks for the help guys! I just posted the song.

Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avS-Lm-EgI0

How loud do you want it man? Sounds decent to me for a POD. Can't get it much louder without dealing with compressors and master limiters.