Page 1 of 4
So VH1 always has those shows where they list greatest songs of the 90's or the 80's or whatever. Well they just released the list of there greatest songs of the 2000's. I don't know about you but I think its way too early to decide the greatest songs of the 2000's. Great songs stand the test of time and some songs on the list came out in like 2009. Being semi popular for 2 years is not standing the test of time.

Here is the top 10
1. Beyoncé featuring Jay-Z, “Crazy in Love”
2. OutKast, “Hey Ya!”
3. Lady Gaga, “Poker Face”
4. Eminem, “Lose Yourself”
5. Kelly Clarkson, “Since U Been Gone”
6. Kanye West featuring Jamie Foxx, “Gold Digger”
7. Justin Timberlake featuring Timbaland, “SexyBack”
8. Jay-Z featuring Alicia Keys, “Empire State of Mind”
9. Mariah Carey, “We Belong Together”
10. 50 Cent, “In Da Club”

Rest of the list here.

So pit what do you guys think? to early to make this list? Agree with who made it?
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Follow me on the tweet machine. I tweet about interesting things like the weather and what I ate for breakfast.
Last edited by iplayat11 at Oct 5, 2011,
lose yourself & empire state of mind are damn good songs though, not sure about the rest of the list.

i'd put ushers - yeah on that list because it's a legendary track and also white stripes's seven nation army.

edit: just noticed them two songs i listed are 27th and 26th respectively on the list. that is BULL.... S*IT!
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Last edited by Dempsey68 at Oct 5, 2011,
what? no Dragonforce?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
what? no Dragonforce?

lawwwwllllll

These lists will always have a few people going "YEAAA!!!!!!" and the rest going -_- f*** VH1.....
:summarized the handful of pages soon to follow:
Is there gonna be a show?

Either way, Crazy in Love is not number 1 material, though I enjoy it. Empire State of Mind and Hey Ya i'm fine with being in the top 10 though.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Needs more Kanye.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Why the hell is Johnny Cash's version of Hurt only #33?
Kodiak bears make awesome bandmates.

Quote by wolvenrick
no seriously 7x NGD is epicness i declare you the winner of all NGD's on UG never have i seen this xD
Obviously disagree with the title "Greatest," but Vh1's definitely calling it a little early as hardly any of those songs have stood the test of time, and it's only year two outside of the noughts.
Hell no! We are the cheeky girls (touch my bum) should be number one by far
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
This
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bZCoE0Mttw&feature=related

edit: ****, its number 7

Quote by michal23
Change it to "Greatest radio-friendly songs of the 2000s", change 5, 7, 9, and 10, and I'm okay with it.

This about sums up my thoughts on this
Quote by triface
Guy: I'm wearing female deodorant.
Girl: My apartment is just upstairs.

My Soundcloud
Good tunes and smiles right here
Last edited by GuitarThoughts at Oct 5, 2011,
Change it to "Greatest radio-friendly songs of the 2000s", change 5, 7, 9, and 10, and I'm okay with it.
Goddamn, I could've made a better list of 100 most popular songs of 2000s than they did.

They don't even have The Reason by Hoobastank on the list, which is definitely top 10 for the sheer fact that it came on the radio 30 times a day and thus became annoying as hell.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Seven Nation Army should be in the top 5

Quote by bradulator
Goddamn, I could've made a better list of 100 most popular songs of 2000s than they did.

They don't even have The Reason by Hoobastank on the list, which is definitely top 10 for the sheer fact that it came on the radio 30 times a day and thus became annoying as hell.

I think most of could have
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop Silverburst (Invader/'59)
-Fender Standard Telecaster HH Black (SH-5/'59)
-Fender Standard Stratocaster HH White (Nazgul/'59)
-Austin Guitars Les Paul Goldtop Copy (Distortion/'59)
-Ovation ApplauseAE44II Elite Black Acoustic

Amps/Cabs
-Peavey 6505+
-Peavey Stereo Chorus 2x12 Combo
-Behringer Ultracoustic ACX450 1x8 Acoustic Combo
-Marshall MX2x12 Cabinet

Wayyyyy too many effects pedals...
There are MAYBE 5 songs on that whole list that are good songs, and only one of those is in their top 5.

Just shows the kind of ridiculous music people eat up I guess. Real talent isn't appreciated.

Although I guess it's good that there is no Bieber on that list unless I missed something.
Last edited by Random3 at Oct 5, 2011,
I just don't know how they can justify some of these songs as great so soon. I mean are people going to be listening to Kelly Clarkson's "since you've been gone 15 years from now?
Think about this, in 1969 iconic songs like CCR's "Fortunate Son" and the Rolling Stone's "Gimme Shelter" were released, but the top song of 1969 was "sugar sugar" by the archies.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Follow me on the tweet machine. I tweet about interesting things like the weather and what I ate for breakfast.
Ignant listmaker is ignant. Ignant list is ignant. Ignant discussion is ignant. Just sayin... all of these top # lists follow the same discussion template.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Why is Californication on the list? I'm sure its late 90s.

Edit- More importantly, how the hell can All My Friends by LCD Soundsystem not be on that list?!
Last edited by WhiteStripesIII at Oct 5, 2011,
Quote by Random3
There are MAYBE 5 songs on that whole list that are good songs, and only one of those is in their top 5.

Just shows the kind of ridiculous music people eat up I guess. Real talent isn't appreciated.

Although I guess it's good that there is no Bieber on that list unless I missed something.

maybe you think they're not good. there are some damn good songs on that list.

talent is subjective. i think that there's plenty of "real talent" on that list.

"Baby" is from Jan 2010. just wait another 10 years.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
maybe you think they're not good. there are some damn good songs on that list.

talent is subjective. i think that there's plenty of "real talent" on that list.

"Baby" is from Jan 2010. just wait another 10 years.

It's because these artists aren't pushing their artistic talent. Their music is bad because they're not pushing their limits by making it more technical and clearly only doing it for money, thus making none of those songs art.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Agreed. Except Maria Carey, dislike her.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
It's because these artists aren't pushing their artistic talent. Their music is bad because they're not pushing their limits by making it more technical and clearly only doing it for money, thus making none of those songs art.

it could be worse. they could actually have tons of technical ability, but just decide not to use it because it won't fit in with the music they play.
I counted, and there are 20 songs I actually like on that list.

Also, I kinda don't get why American Idiot is on there, but not Boulevard of Broken Dreams.
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop Silverburst (Invader/'59)
-Fender Standard Telecaster HH Black (SH-5/'59)
-Fender Standard Stratocaster HH White (Nazgul/'59)
-Austin Guitars Les Paul Goldtop Copy (Distortion/'59)
-Ovation ApplauseAE44II Elite Black Acoustic

Amps/Cabs
-Peavey 6505+
-Peavey Stereo Chorus 2x12 Combo
-Behringer Ultracoustic ACX450 1x8 Acoustic Combo
-Marshall MX2x12 Cabinet

Wayyyyy too many effects pedals...
Quote by theogonia777
it could be worse. they could actually have tons of technical ability, but just decide not to use it because it won't fit in with the music they play.

Then I have no respect for them because they're not artists pushing boundaries in their music. If Lady Gaga can sweep pick on piano then she better do that in every song.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Theogonia, Horsedick, we clearly disagree no need to be dickheads about it by jumping down my throat every time I open my mouth.

Yes I prefer technical music. Yes I dislike pop *****s who's choruses consist of 4 words repeated 20 times. I don't really care if you disagree with me, or if you agree with me for that matter. Just try and refrain from being assholes.

Yeah, reread what I said before indirectly misquoting me by the way.
Last edited by Random3 at Oct 5, 2011,
Quote by jetfuel495
I love most of those songs in the top ten.

You all just have shit taste.

I find your lack of Peanut Butter Tool Time disturbing.
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Then I have no respect for them because they're not artists pushing boundaries in their music. If Lady Gaga can sweep pick on piano then she better do that in every song.

You're doing it wrong.
Quote by Random3
Theogonia, Horsedick.MPEG, we clearly disagree no need to be dickheads about it by jumping down my throat every time I open my mouth.

Yes I prefer technical music. Yes I dislike pop *****s who's choruses consist of 4 words repeated 20 times. I don't really care if you disagree with me, or if you agree with me for that matter. Just try and refrain from being assholes.

Yeah, reread what I said before indirectly misquoting me by the way.

Fixed your post.

I probably wouldn't care if you didn't brag about how technical music > all other music.

Quote by TheWickerMan666
You're doing it wrong.

You jelly I can sweep pick on piano?
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495

Quote by JayT44

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Fixed your post.

I probably wouldn't care if you didn't brag about how technical music > all other music.

You jelly I can sweep pick on piano?

Yes

Teach me your ways?
Page 1 of 4