Hello all,

I made a thread on this a while ago but my budget kinda changed :P Afine, I currently have a Ibanez 7-string but I'm not really interested in metal anymore since this year. So I was wondering, what could I consider for playing pop-punk (title fight, the story so far, good stuff..) and post-hardcore (thursday, it prevails). And good clean sounds for 'twinkly emo' stuff would be a plus.
My budget would be like 800-1000. I was recommended a PRS, but those are usually above that budget, so what else should i look for?

Quote by razorback91
Im sorry, I just don't see how you could argue that hardcore isn't metal. That just seems arrogant to me.

Yes, its its own kind of metal, but its still metal.
Les Paul or Ibanez ART300.
Maybe a Tele with one Fender Noiseless and one Hot Rails.
Quote by x_Hezee_x

My favorite bands are: Nickleback, Staind, Green Day, Disturbed and many more. I also like Songs that are being used in the WWE.

So gimme a shout out! im really looking for a Guitar Buddy
Okay thanks! My amp will be a Orange Crush 30R by the way ^^
Quote by razorback91
Im sorry, I just don't see how you could argue that hardcore isn't metal. That just seems arrogant to me.

I'm seconding HH strat, maybe the blacktop, or just a MIM one with the pickguard switched out
It's more about the pickups tho, something in HSH, or HSS formation would cover a lot of tonal ground and give you nice drive and clean tones
TELE. WITH. HOT. RAILS. AND. FENDER. NOISELESS.

Everyone wins.
Quote by x_Hezee_x

My favorite bands are: Nickleback, Staind, Green Day, Disturbed and many more. I also like Songs that are being used in the WWE.

So gimme a shout out! im really looking for a Guitar Buddy
That is something, yes. The FR is a bad idea though. Pain in the neck if you break a string. Or ever need to change a string at all lulz. Unless you're divebombing all the time the standard Fender trem will work fine. But the Blacktop is awesome for sure. Anything in the Blacktop line will work for you, I'd also check out the Jazzmaster since it just might help you with your emo squeaky cleans.

Bottom line is try before you buy and ignore stereotypes. No one's gonna tell you to get an Ibanez but it just might work for you, who knows.
nerd it til it Hz.
>Fender Jagstang / Epiphone SG Special / DIY/GFS Partscaster
>SBN Big Daddy Amp Blaster / Boss OS-2 / Line 6 DL-4 / DIY guitarpcb.com D'Lay
>Vox AC15C1 / Marshall 4x12
Anything. You can literally use any kind of electric guitar, just so long as you aren't getting to the really high gain metal.

But if you need a recommendation, used HSS strat if possible.
Just look at what all those guys play, Les Paul's, Tele's and Strat's, pretty simple stuff.
**** that...

2nd hand PRS CE24

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by 08L1V10N

I tried out a blacktop strat the other day. It was horrendous. Pop-Punk doesn't really need a floyd and I can't see you using it much. How good are you with soldering?
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
Welcome to the world of real guitars. Teles, Jazzmasters, Les Pauls. Its all good. Try and see what you're drawn to.
Dude, where's my band?
Isn't the Orange Crush a solid state practice-oriented amp?
I'd go with a used MIM Telecaster or Stratocaster, then throw the rest into a nice amp. I love Orange (and ATDI define post-hardcore to me) so in keeping with that, a used Rocker 30 should be well within your budget. You've got a lot of amp options open though, but I would personally split the budget, and lean more towards a killer amp.
Quote by Wisthekiller
tl;dr How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?

Would you run down past the fence?

Tell us, is the black box lying?
Quote by Tom 1.0
**** that...

2nd hand PRS CE24

+1000

I forget who just bought a PRS Standard 22 for about $1000 recently on this forum. But PRS CE models can be found for $700-1000 online.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Thanks a heap all,
So..someone is selling a Fender HSS american deluxe strat for a good price, but isn't this more a blues guitar? Sorry for being ignorant
Quote by razorback91

An HSS strat is one of the most versatile guitars I know of. Fenders are great, but also keep an eye your for Japanese strats and other good strat copies. You may be able to find an 80s Ibanez Roadstar strat for far less than a Fender and it will be just as good.
Sigh.

Instrument does not dictate the style, the player does.

And honestly, as much as I hate to be that guy, it won't matter much what guitar you pick with that amp. Listen to Pink Muse. you can get a decent amp and a decent guitar in your budget.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Not really.. my friend has one and its really versatile and might be pretty good for what you might be looking for...
Travis Clark uses a Tele. So that's what I suggest.
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
I'd recomend a tele with some kind of humbucker, hotrails, 59 jr, jb jr.... or maybe even the blacktop strat. The gibson SG works well for this kind of thing aswell.