Hey pit, I'm thinking about taking the opportunity to study abroad sometime next year and I'm looking at either England or Germany if I can learn the language. Right now I'm leaning towards England though and was wondering if anyone could suggest some of their favorite places around there, any cities I should avoid, etc.

I'll be 19 or 20 depending on when I go, so I should be able to go out to pubs no problem, right?

I hear the job market over there isn't doing too well, and do I need a work permit to do something simple like work at a restaurant?

Also, I'm majoring in music recording and production, so any schools which have an awesome program in that category?
Quote by SecondCivilWar
Also, I'm majoring in music recording and production, so any schools which have an awesome program in that category?

www.hud.ac.uk - I study here. It's pretty good. It's not a major city but it's close to Manchester and Leeds which are. Far away from like London and stuff if that's what you wanted though. You probably won't be able to afford London though.

There are basically no jobs anywhere. You do need some sort of permit too but I'm not exactly sure what you have to do, sorry.

Yeah you can go to pubs and stuff at 18 here

Personally as an English person I'd say go to Germany... if you speak German, but you might struggle for more than a couple of weeks otherwise.
Quote by captainsnazz
www.hud.ac.uk - I study here. It's pretty good. It's not a major city but it's close to Manchester and Leeds which are. Far away from like London and stuff if that's what you wanted though. You probably won't be able to afford London though.

There are basically no jobs anywhere. You do need some sort of permit too but I'm not exactly sure what you have to do, sorry.

Yeah you can go to pubs and stuff at 18 here

Personally as an English person I'd say go to Germany... if you speak German, but you might struggle for more than a couple of weeks otherwise.

AH! I was going to study Sound Engineering there this year but instead went to Birmingham City. It's a great course, highly recommend if you want to go to Huddersfield.

And yeah, London is just crazy in terms of living costs.
Neo Evil11
Quote by jambi_mantra
They let black people on Fox now?

They also let white people into the KFC and the NBA now.
Might want to consider England. While they aren't particularly noted for their hospitality, Germans are pretty tough on foreigners. Friends that have moved there tell me that even after years there they still feel like tourist with locals.
Quote by triface
Guy: I'm wearing female deodorant.
Girl: My apartment is just upstairs.

My Soundcloud
Good tunes and smiles right here
Quote by SecondCivilWar
Hey pit, I'm thinking about taking the opportunity to study abroad sometime next year and I'm looking at either England or Germany if I can learn the language. Right now I'm leaning towards England though and was wondering if anyone could suggest some of their favorite places around there, any cities I should avoid, etc.

I'll be 19 or 20 depending on when I go, so I should be able to go out to pubs no problem, right?

I hear the job market over there isn't doing too well, and do I need a work permit to do something simple like work at a restaurant?

I don't think you want to get a debt then.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
SAE have amazing facilities I hear, both the London and Oxford campuses.

If you live outside of Europe you will need a student visa to come to the UK and study. A student visa also allows you to work part time, so that covers the earning money bit, but as far as I am aware to get one you have to have enough money to pay for your studies and living costs while over here. At least that was the case for my cousins girlfriend who came over from America to study here in the UK.
Quote by GuitarThoughts
Might want to consider England. While they aren't particularly noted for their hospitality, Germans are pretty tough on foreigners. Friends that have moved there tell me that even after years there they still feel like tourist with locals.

Been to Germany 6 times and they're pretty hospitable peeps so long as you obey the law and don't make a nuisance of yourself. More so than the English, which I know isn't saying much.
Neo Evil11
Quote by jambi_mantra
They let black people on Fox now?

They also let white people into the KFC and the NBA now.