has anyone had the chance to try out his new signature pick ups? From what i saw in the promotional video they looked like they would be good(the whole active pick up with the feel of a passive)but idk anyone who has tried it so i was wondering if anyone has any opinions on it
Schecter BlackJack Atx v-1fr
Ibanez Gax70l Duncan Distortions
Peavey XXX
Peavey MS 412
Marshall MA 412
EVH Wah
Ibanez TS-9
ISP Decimator
MXR Black Label Chorus
I'm interested in them definitely. If they sounded good, I'd love for them to maybe make a 7-string version.
I don't see that happening though, so I'll just reconfigure my 7 string to be passive and drop some BK's in there.
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7
Fender '62 Reissue Jazz Bass (MIJ)
Peavey XXX 212 (back on the East Coast)

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses
i have been wanting a 7 string bad and have also been considering making my schecter with actives into passive but i am tight on money right now but it would be a lot less work if they james hetfield signature emg's sounded good lol
Peavey XXX
Peavey MS 412
Marshall MA 412
EVH Wah
Ibanez TS-9
ISP Decimator
MXR Black Label Chorus
i should also mention im lefty im pretty sure the x series has no lefty's and from what i saw of them(which wasnt much)it looked like they just had emg's just regular active pick ups the james hetfield ones aren't supposed to just be pickups with his name on them they're actually supposed to be different and supposedly good so i just wanted to know if anyone has actually tried them and if they are actually as good as the promotional videos make them look
Peavey XXX
Peavey MS 412
Marshall MA 412
EVH Wah
Ibanez TS-9
ISP Decimator
MXR Black Label Chorus
EMGs work in both left and right handed guitars,

as hetfield doesnt use 7s i see no reason for them to make a 7 string version.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
EMGs work in both left and right handed guitars,

as hetfield doesnt use 7s i see no reason for them to make a 7 string version.

he said to check out the x series(which i assume means the new jackson series)so i stated i was lefty because they dont come lefty, i know that pickups are universal.

correction im a dumb ass i didnt even think about the emg x series(friend just helped me out)i dont know much about them either way tho ill have to check them out are they basically like duncan blackouts? from what i heard the hetfield ones are supposed to basically just be passives with the power of an active.
Peavey XXX
Peavey MS 412
Marshall MA 412
EVH Wah
Ibanez TS-9
ISP Decimator
MXR Black Label Chorus
Last edited by Prestofly at Oct 5, 2011,
getting any EMG set wont be like the JH set. theyre not a modded version of any set, its a brand new pickup
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
ya i just looked them up but a lot of people still seem to prefer the blackouts(which came with my schecter)and like EspTro said the hetfield sets are supposed to be totally different
Peavey XXX
Peavey MS 412
Marshall MA 412
EVH Wah
Ibanez TS-9
ISP Decimator
MXR Black Label Chorus