I got a small bottle of Planet Waves string cleaner/lubricant and I'm wondering how often I should use it, and how much at a time?
Whenever they get dirty you lube them.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
every time you change strings, don't use so much that the fretboard wood has little pools of it collecting on its surface
shit i'm thinking lemon/mineral oil; i'd say once a week if you are playing everyday
Quote by greeny23
read the packet..?

It only says how to put it on, not how often or how much.
+1

i'd say never

i tried fast fret once and that stuff was horrible
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
+1

i'd say never

i tried fast fret once and that stuff was horrible

This. Your strings are probably due for change by the time they get dirty anyway.

Unless you often play with messy hands, in which case wash your damn hands, that's nasty.
I can't speak for planet waves, because I've never tried that one specifically, but it's a good idea to clean your strings after each use. It's the most effective way to prevent dirt build up and extend the life. I'm not a big fan of oils as I think they just add more gunk in the long run. Check out The String Cleaner by tonegear. I use it after each time I play and I've noticed a big difference
Last edited by raykramer at Oct 17, 2011,
i've had dunlop string cleaner for years and I only use it maybe once a month. (i only change my strings once every two months or so. (I don't get to play it all day anymore, maybe an hour a day, and I always wash my hands before playing.)
Last edited by kai29 at Oct 17, 2011,
My sweat is very corrosive to strings, so i have to wipe them down and oil them every time i pick the damn thing up to help stop them corroding.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee