Hi folks.

So, when giving me feedback on a live performance mmy teacher told me I have to regulate my breath more when performing, and taking deeper breaths so that my body is more relaxed on stage whilst I play.

Does any one have any tips that can help me achieve this?
Ignore. Does Angus Young look like he ever practices breathing drills?
Dude, where's my band?
Quote by TomMon
Ignore. Does Angus Young look like he ever practices breathing drills?

Who knows. Some people just have it naturally come any way. The funny thing about you choice of player is that I was performing AC/DC.

I can imagine Paul Gilbert and Chris Broderick doing it tbh.
Cant you just breathe normally. Like when you play the xbox or type on the computer ?
Quote by mrbabo91
Cant you just breathe normally. Like when you play the xbox or type on the computer ?

Do you mean do I ever breath normal or do you mean when I am playing guitar, can I breath normally, for example like when your typing?
Lol. I think the best way, and I know this is easier said than done, is to play the way you do when at home or just jamming.

I never had any tips on breathing. Who is your tutor?
Quote by mdc
Lol. I think the best way, and I know this is easier said than done, is to play the way you do when at home or just jamming.

I never had any tips on breathing. Who is your tutor?

Allesandro.

Tbh I think my breathing is the same on stage as it is at home, its not really a stage fright thing. I did a lot of painting a while back and would hold my breath when doing detail then to.

I have been googling and found out that this is actually quite common and some guitar players have taken up some meditation like breathing exercises for before they play to help fix the problem. As well as taken a big breath at the start of big parts of the sound, that are on the beat.
Last edited by jkielq91 at Oct 6, 2011,
Alex! I wish I had him for my LP'S and RSW's! That would explain why I hadn't received....that very good advice.
Tbh I think my breathing is the same on stage as it is at home.

Strange things can happen on stage man.

I found that the more confident I am with the song, the more I feel relaxed about it. And the way round that is to just practice this shit over and over.

Just wait until you get St Jean lol. He really is incredibly talented...and there must be some ****ed up shit going on in his head since he has a PhD.
Last edited by mdc at Oct 6, 2011,
Quote by mdc
Alex! I wish I had him for my LP'S and RSW's! That would explain why I hadn't received....that very good advice.

Strange things can happen on stage man.

I found that the more confident I am with the song, the more I feel relaxed about it. And the way round that is to just practice this shit over and over.

Just wait until you get St Jean lol. He really is incredibly talented...and there must be some ****ed up shit going on in his head since he has a PhD.

Yeah he's cool. He did the whole demo barely looking at his fretboard.

I'v always had trouble with breathing whilst playing for some reason. I'v found that a lot of bad habits from the past which I thought I had concurred seem to come out.
Yeah he's cool. He did the whole demo barely looking at his fretboard.

Lol yeah I know. "It's easy!"

I don't want to get all scientific about it, but breathing will maintain the blood flow around the body, and more importantly to your fingers.

Whenever you see a good player playing fast, they make it look easy, and that's cuz they're relaxed....breathe.

Having said that, I do realize that there aren't any fast passages in Back in Black. it's just an overall observation really.
Last edited by mdc at Oct 6, 2011,
Quote by mdc
Lol yeah I know. "It's easy!"

I don't want to get all scientific about it, but breathing will maintain the blood flow around the body, and more importantly to your fingers.

Whenever you see a good player playing fast, they make it look easy, and that's cuz they're relaxed....breathe.

Having said that, I do realize that there aren't any fast passages in Back in Black. it's just an overall observation really.

Yeah your right. I'll definitely get working on it.