This is really my first attempt at using the amp models on my Line 6 POD GX to record instead of just using it as an audio interface to run my amp to. I think I got a pretty good hardcore tone (finally!). So, how is my mix? I tried to mix the same way that the real song by Parkway Drive is mixed. It was my first time trying to quad track something but I think it came out alright. Give me any advice you might have

Song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ic73qoc3vcA
My Gear:
PRS SE Custom 24 7 string
Schecter C-1 Custom
Jackson SLSMG
Line 6 POD HD500X

My SoundCloud
The tone sounds pretty good. You might consider EQing some of the really harsh high frequency's though. If you recorded a bass track on this song I couldn't hear it. The drums do sound programed but its pretty hard not to do if you dont have an actual set to record with. But otherwise good clean mix and nice guitar tone.
Gear
Guitars-
Paul Reed Smith SE Custom
Paul Reed Smith Mike Mushok Baritone
Squire Bullet
Carlos Acoustic
Epiphone Banjo
Amps-
Mesa Boogie DC-5
B-52 LS-100 and Matching cab
and tons of miscellaneous stuff
Last edited by ultimate-rocker at Oct 5, 2011,
Thanks man, nah there's no bass track on it, I thought about getting a clean tone for my guitar and pitch shifting it down an octave to do bass but decided not to. As for the drums, theyre straight out of TuxGuitar lol, thats why they sound bad. Thanks for the input!!
My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Custom
Jackson SLSMG
Line 6 POD HD500X

My SoundCloud
Very hard to judge in 240p in youtube, you'd be able to get much more solid mix feedback if you post a HQ link.
Are the drums straight from Guitar Pro?
If you're serious about needed some Design or Motion Graphics done for your band, youtube, or literally anything else you should email me at CoreGraphics@live.com. My services are quite affordable for the quality I deliver.

Youtube: CoreGraphics
Anaemic, fizzy and highly compressed was my initial result.

Guitars sound nice, a bit too thin though. If you're using a hi-pass filter, ease it off a bit. Drums are too horrible to use in a serious recording.
Yes, the drums are form TuxGuitar, thats why they sound terrible. But its all I have right now for these simple cover recordings. Heres another, I think the guitar tone is a lot better in this one but the drums are a bit too loud. I spent hours last night trying to find a decent tone with my Line 6 POD and finally got this, added a high pass and some compression in my DAW, and I think it came out alright. Let me know what you think (I didnt want to start a new thread for this):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsEHiX3yTxw
My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Custom
Jackson SLSMG
Line 6 POD HD500X

My SoundCloud