So in the past year I've began to gig and as such aquired some new equipment, the most notable being a Genz-Benz shuttle 6.0 bass amp and a nice big kustom 410 cab. I love the shuttle, i got it for a steal and at 600 watts it's all I'll need for a while, the only problem i find is that during transport and even sitting around the place my band practices its so small that I always have to keep an eye on it so its not sat on, kicked around etc. Also the tiny shuttle on top of my 410 looks a little ridiculous to be honest haha,

I was at a show at a local venue a while ago and the bass player had his amp racked in one of those nice rack cases sitting on top of his cab, and thinking about it i figured that might work pretty well for my gear, so I guess getting around to my question haha, the shuttle when racked takes up just over one rack space, so should i get a two space and just have my amp, or a three space and get a cheaper rack tuner to put in there as well? I've heard the same old story that behringer is sh@t especially for bass but i was thinking maybe find a used fender or korg? The other thought i had was I've wanted to go wireless for a while, should i maybe pick up an affordable, rackable wireless unit? So ya what do you guys think? two spaces for just amp, or three/four for a tuner and/or a wireless unit or something else i haven't thought of?

InB4 "why wouldnt you have purchased a bigger amp if you didn't like the look of it on your cab, etc" because its a great amp and its also 600 watts, at the price i paid i couldn't pass it up,
Also InB4 any comments questioning the want for a rack tuner, the shuttle has a tuner out jack so i currently have an el cheapo guitar tuner plugged into it which requires me to walk right up to my amp anytime i want to tune, which is a pain where as i figure a rackmount i can probably tune from at least a few feet away, while it's plugged into the tuner out jack

Thanks in advance for the help, and I sure hope this is in the right forum haha
I don't know just where I've been, who I am or what I've seen, I just know somethings happened to me, cause I've lost touch with my memory
Honestly, the new class d mini bass amps are excellent! In fact, most of the mini bass amps have rack ear kits, like the shuttle. You can mount them in a rack case:
http://www.theperfectbass.com/Genz-Benz-Rack-Kit-for-Shuttle-6-0-Shuttle-9-0.htm

Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Sorry I I didn't make myself clear I know I can rack mount it I was wondering if it was worth adding any if the other stuff
I don't know just where I've been, who I am or what I've seen, I just know somethings happened to me, cause I've lost touch with my memory
Bump
Bump
a rack tuner and a Power conditioner is a must (even if it only provides surge protection)

other than that, maybe a wireless? the rack only has to be as complex as you need it. if thats only the amp and tuner then fine, less to go wrong. and if youre gigging, thats really good.
Post in bass form. They'd have better ideas than us.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Rackmounted tuner
Wireless

You can also get tons of options for effect units that are rackmounted, usually for pretty cheap

Edit: If you're serious about getting info about bass gear, go join the talkbass.com forums. Awesome forum full of bass gear gurus.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Last edited by souperman08 at Oct 29, 2011,