Okay about to do my first gig with my band. However, we have only been playing together for about a month. I'm the lead singer, lead guitarist. So we are going to do a cover of Feuer Frei by Rammstein and also play an original song which is not written yet

I've never really sang in front of a bunch of people for a long time. I was wondering how to approach this (vocally.) I rather not do any death growls or vocal fry yet. So should I do a somewhat scream/shout thing. Or should I really practice getting more range and sing nicely?

Help!

BTW we have Feuer Frei down already!
well, because the gig is in 1 month already, training your voice wont help that much. ofc, anyway do it! but just stick with the style you can do best at the moment and you are most comfortable with.
If the gig is in a month and you haven't written the original song yet cancel the gig. It's almost certainly going to be a disaster.

As far as singing, you should do whatever you feel fits the situation best but these are questions that need to be answered before the gig brudda. If you can't get the vocals down, just do the song as an instrumental until you get up to snuff. At least you won't have to rush something that ends up bad.
Disaster or not, the show must go on. I'm considering just doing instrumental. Also another thing that worries me is that my bass player and rythm guitar player are just learning to play their instruments. I know sounds like this is going to end terribly. Whatever. I have some ideas of what to write.

So if I was going to try to get a numetal style of vocal, such as (but not exactly like) jonathan davis, serj, or someone along those lines. What are some good ways to train and practice that? Any techniques?(I know I won't be able to do it in time for this gig.)
Honestly.... my best advice is to postpone your performance until you are ready.

Why is it that, "disaster or not, the show must go on?"

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Well, we are already advertised to play this gig (not our doing) and we don't want to get a bad reputation by not playing.

It looks like I might just write instrumental (maybe with a few vocals here and there.)
However, is there any way to train and practice singing numetal, or any techniques that are used?
What like Korn and Disturbed? Or do you mean the new wave of metal? If your talking about modern metal look no farther than the top of this forum:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1208630

Read it. Don't ask questions until you've at least looked at some of the videos. Understand some of the basics and then come on in to the glorious realm that is metal.

edit: And if it's your first show, you can also get a bad reputation for being a terrible band if your not ready to play. Make sure you practice your arse off.
Okay well I can do gutterals/ death grunts, as well as the harsh vocals associated with early thrash bands. However, I want to do not so harsh of vocals. (Don't get me wrong I love intense vocals in metal.) So like Korn and Disturbed I guess. I don't want to sound exactly like them, but I just want to sing in that style. Any tips?
Well see what I want to learn how to do is to go from a harsh vocals (shouting) to regular singing vocals. I just wanted to know how this can be accomplished properly. This is because after doing harsh vocals, I find my singing range is diminished.

Could this be from overpushing the harsh vocals?
Already advertised or not, it sounds like you're really setting yourself up for disaster. I mean, you see the flames, but you are soldiering on towards the burning building nonetheless. Unless you're a firefighter, you have no business being there, and for everyone's sake, you should just "GTFO."

Here is what you should do to preserve your professionalism and your reputation (which would go for a crapper if you play a really crappy gig).

Consider that nobody who sees the ads will go because your name is on it. You have no demo and have never played as a band under that name before. It's not like anyone is going to say, "Oh, look! The Firefighters are playing!" It will be like, "... and there's some band there... I think they're called the Firefighters or something." So anyone who goes, whatever band is playing is pretty much incidental.

Get another band to play for you. No, not under your name. Keep it legit. If they are an established band, then all the better. The promoter still has their event, and maybe even with a band with a recognizable name on the local scene, so they are happy. The people who show up get to see a band that is prepared and that they might have even heard of through local channels. You're happy because you haven't gotten up on stage, embarrassed yourself, and established a reputation as "wow, they really sucked" even before you got properly going.

It seems win-win-win-win all around.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Problem is that there really is no replacement band, as we are in a small town. The gig is outside. We only need two songs, one of which is pretty much down. The other one I'm writing is practically written (want to add in a solo.) The only problem really is teaching this to my band because they are basically all beginners. I know this is looking bad, but maybe all the stress and chaos is a good experience. Even if people say we sucked and all that I don't really care because we are in a small town.

Back on topic?
Obviously reputation is quite important to you, which is great, so let the show role and take as much of the experience as you can.

If your other band memers are still beginners then don't worry too much about making you vocals sound so professional and precise. As a first gig it's unlikely to go perfectly, but more importantly than ever being a first gig you can't truely be sure what you'll be comfortable doing until you're there.

I'd say don't worry too much about it for now, you can set yourself targets once you've discovered how comfortable you are on stage. Being in a band shouldn't be rushed so there isn't much point in going straight for the perfect vocals on your first performance.

Spread it out and just enjoy yourself
No I'm not worried about learning great vocals instantly, I just want to know how to comfortably go from harsh vocals to regular singing. I understand this will take time. This is only because harsh vocals sometimes make me hoarse and unable sing greatly. Feuer Frei is essentially talking creepily for a bit and then a lot of shouting. That is why we will end with it. The song I'm writing only has a few shouts, but is mainly instrumental. So is their any tips on how to train my voice over time, to do harsh vocals and regualr singing?