Learning pinch harmonics, and then becoming good enough at them to be able to actually use them in songs...
Lucky you! I can do them on occasion, but never with any reliability, and never being able to use them in a song either.
Quote by IMTHAMAN01013
I named my guitar after my GF once... It was tempremental, the neck was too fat, and I couldn't turn down the volume, just like her...
here's a llama theres, theres a llama, and another little llama, fuzzy llama, funny llama, llama, waldo, duck.

to be on topic, experiment with different positions on the strings, such as further away from the bridge, sometimes it helps.
Last edited by Sanity Pretense at Oct 5, 2011,
The moment in every players life when they turn into zakk wylde for 2 months and add lots of pinch harmonics at awkwardly inappropriate moments
Quote by coolstoryangus
The moment in every players life when they turn into zakk wylde for 2 months and add lots of pinch harmonics at awkwardly inappropriate moments

haha... Definitely guilty... still fun as hell though.

On a side note, Steve Jobs is dead.
Quote by thfc1799
haha... Definitely guilty... still fun as hell though.

On a side note, Steve Jobs is dead.

I know man, this sucks.

I faucking hate microsoft too. Hopefully Cook will do a good job.
Where's Waldo?
Just goes to show you that sometimes it doesn't matter how rich you are... What a shame... would have been interesting to see what he would have come up with had he had another 30 years.
Bill Gates ain't got shit on Steve Jobs. Steve's been innovating for years and hasn't gotten credit for some of the things he did, like the mouse and cursor.
Where's Waldo?
RIP Steee ve Jobs and also pinch harmonics are hard
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
Quote by coolstoryangus

damn it i missed this. learned to play pinch harmonics long before any one had heard of Zakk.
Imagine like you have frets on the pups zone they are inverted though... Have fun, a good pinched harmonic is very musical and perfect for accents and building up/reaching the climax.
Ahh pinch harmonics... Fun stuff in moderation.

As far as the most fun thing I've ever learned, probably the little lead melody from the intro of Alaska by Between The Buried And Me. Actually, just that whole song.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I can only do them on an acoustic, and with my index instead of my thumb. Weird, i know.
G(g)od was like: "Make you an ark of gopher wood; rooms shall you make in the ark, and shall pitch it within and without with pitch."

And i was like: "What's gopher wood?"
sweet bro!

I got really good at them when i was like 14 and did them without even really trying haha
Then i heard Zack Wylde on tv and just stopped doing it. It's alot of fun when you work out how to do it but it's too much alot of the time. I'm shite at it now, but thats alright.
Quote by Pac_man0123
Crap dude you must have been playing guitar for quite some time now haha

33 years and counting (but i ran out of fingers so it's getting tough)
Learn the rhythm guitar to Crosstown Traffic. Now THAT'S a fun song to play.

But anyway, I have been trying to do pinch harmonics for years and just can't get them. I can occasionally but they don't scream like they should. I've tried everything. I haven't got cheap gear either. I wanna get them down but they're a bitch.
Quote by Lennon993
I can only do them on an acoustic, and with my index instead of my thumb. Weird, i know.

By trapping the string between your index finger? i used to do them like that when i was younger

i cant hit em 100% of the time but they are fun haha
Such is posting in Soviet Russia
Quote by DOHC
By trapping the string between your index finger? i used to do them like that when i was younger

i cant hit em 100% of the time but they are fun haha

Yeah exactly xD. I really should learn the regular thumb pinching way though.
G(g)od was like: "Make you an ark of gopher wood; rooms shall you make in the ark, and shall pitch it within and without with pitch."

And i was like: "What's gopher wood?"