Hey guys!

A week or 2 ago my guitar broke and i'm not able to fix it, therefore i want to buy a new axe.

This december i'm going to holland and there I will buy my guitar, (the place where i live only sells strats and importing a guitar is very expensive)

The problem is by the time I will go to Holland (for only 10 days) I'll have about 350$

I noticed the Ibanez GRG170DX, I really liked it at a glance but when i read some reviews I discovered the guitar was not really worth buying.
Should i go with the Ibanez or something else?

I need a good Metal/Heavy Rock guitar. (EMG's would be awesome)

Thanks y'all
Hmm,, I like the look of that guitar, i looked it up on some european guitar shops, none of them sells Agiles :s

Thanks though.
I won't be able to get amount of money before I go to holland,

Thanks for your input though!
Damn you're good,

Thanks for all the help man but i don't really like that guitar I think, because the white finish and some other things.. I know looks is just a part of the guitar but I don't wanna play an ugly guitar for the next 2 years

Thanks anyway man, I appreciate it.
When you're in holland, you could try out a few different, slightly expensive guitars to see what you like, and then save up to buy one online
I know you said that importing is expensive, but you might be better off doing it so you end up with a better quality guitar. Just an idea though.
Gear:

Schecter Omen-6
Custom-built explorer (my first build)
Schecter Damian-6
Two strat copies
Home-made PitBull Guitars Flying V
Blackstar HT-1RH
Blackstar HT-Metal
Dunlop KH95 Wah
Would you consider buying a used guitar?
I think that you could get a lot more axe for your money if you get something that has been pre-owned. Just make sure it has been taken care of well and you'll never notice the difference between it and a brand new guitar..except that you'll have saved a bunch of moneys.
I know but i live on the Dutch Antilles. The shipping costs itself will be very expensive but also to get it in the country is very expensive, they let you pay a shitload of costs for importing. And besides that, i really need a new guitar, I can't live any longer without a guitar
Quote by fenderstrat235
Would you consider buying a used guitar?
I think that you could get a lot more axe for your money if you get something that has been pre-owned. Just make sure it has been taken care of well and you'll never notice the difference between it and a brand new guitar..except that you'll have saved a bunch of moneys.

I would have no problems with buying a used guitar, I don't know a lot of people who play the same kind of music as me though, I have been trough some sites and none of them sold used guitars... (dutch sites)
Im not 100% on the exact reasons, but you dont see any high end agathis guitars.
You do with basswood, surely better quality peices of basswood though.
The mh-50 used to be agathis I believe, but has switched to basswood.
No problem. I cant play for a couple weeks anyways, severe tendonitis, so I may as well help people or something semi productive. Lol
LTD are nice for the money, I have a Viper-500 and have tried some other models, used to have a MH-301... The RGA was a nice suggestion too. These two brands have a good quality-price.
Quote by MrCloudshoe
Theres some Agiles with EMG select pickups which i'm guessing are like duncan designed pickups. Go to rondomusic.com and check them out. Their pretty sweet from what I've heard.

EDIT: http://www.rondomusic.com/product1666.html Like this one!

I'm sorry, but:

HE'S IN THE EU! AGILE ARE TERRIBLE FOR THE MONEY FOR EUROPEANS! GAH!
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame