Quote by verbalrelease
What do you like about these pickups, aside from the price?

I had never heard of IronGear before. I see they ship from the UK, but it's still interesting to know about.

I have a lil puncher xl in my tele, it's like a hotrail clone. what I like about it is that it has a really nice distortion, as well as decent cleans. It also responds to the volume knob well. I can roll back the volume on my guitar to get a varied sound basically.
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
Quote by RealGuitarHero
I have a lil puncher xl in my tele, it's like a hotrail clone. what I like about it is that it has a really nice distortion, as well as decent cleans. It also responds to the volume knob well. I can roll back the volume on my guitar to get a varied sound basically.

Those are GFS pickups, right? So then what do you like about DragonFire?
I also had a dragonfire pickup, it didn't deliver. Probably the same as what you would find in a budget guitar. If you must go cheap go GFS.
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
that generally happens when you have a product that people like. price rises with demand. Business 101 my friend.
Quote by barden1069
Irongear (axetec.co.uk)
Toneriders (northwestguitars.co.uk)
Artec (axesrus.com)

But those are all UK companies :p
Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top
Jet City JCA5212RC (SLO Modded)
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive
TC Electronic Flashback Triple Delay
TC Electronic Trinity Reverb
GFS has been a dream come true for me. I've got two in my ongoing Tele build right now. Next build is hopefully gonna have a higher budget and thus more expensive pups but hey if value is the name of the game, GFS all the way.
nerd it til it Hz.
>Fender Jagstang / Epiphone SG Special / DIY/GFS Partscaster
>SBN Big Daddy Amp Blaster / Boss OS-2 / Line 6 DL-4 / DIY guitarpcb.com D'Lay
>Vox AC15C1 / Marshall 4x12
I have sveral guitars with GFS pickups in them a Tele style with Lil Puncher hot lead, a Dean EVO with a GFS Dream 180 in the neck and a LP clone with a GFS Fat Pat in the bridge.

There pickups are really nice sounding, and a set cost less than 1 Seymour/Dimarzio.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
ironstone (UK)
great pickups for 30 pounds/set
sound clips on their site