Hey so I'm trying to sell this guitar for a friend of mine, he believes it's a gibson les paul standard, but is not 100% certain.

Here's the serial number: 01745577

It doesn't say standard on the headstock it just says "Les Paul Model"

It has Gibson Deluxe tuning keys.

Here are a couple pics: is this a standard? Is there any way I can tell for sure what model it is?

Thanks!

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/8/lp22z.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/513/lp3k.jpg/
Looks like a Standard. Gibson's website has a serial number search
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
I'm supposed to be at work so here's a link Gibson Serial Number Guide.

I think it's reasonably recent model - pre 2008. The pickups maybe aftermarket (Seymores?)
looks like a gibson worn studio flameburst to me
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard | Gibson SG | Casio PG 380 | Dave Mustaine VMNT | Digitech Whammy | Carvin Legacy head |
Carvin V3 combo | MXR Custom Badass Overdrive | Dunlop Jerry Cantrell Wah | Rocktron Banshee | Ibanez PG Flanger
Your guitar was made at the
Nashville Plant, TN, USA
June 23rd, 2005
Production Number: 277

Dunno if its a standard, sorry.
Quote by SGmaniac1021
looks like a gibson worn studio flameburst to me

Pretty sure it's not a studio, says it was 2200-2400 new so... And it's honeyburst.
Quote by DimebagZappa
Your guitar was made at the
Nashville Plant, TN, USA
June 23rd, 2005
Production Number: 277

Dunno if its a standard, sorry.

Thanks, any idea how to tell if it's a standard or not?
The binding would suggest otherwise, though.
Quote by Slap-happy
The binding would suggest otherwise, though.

Explain?
Sorry - that was in reply to the comment of it being a Studio - it's not. Standard LP's have a single binding (the white strip) around the body and along the neck to the headstock. Studio's are stripped down LP's and forego the binding in order to keep the costs to a minimum.
I don't think that finish was used on anything but Standards. The zebra pickups and binding also point to it being a standard.
I can't see the pics from here at work (blocked) but I'll check later. Do not relay on serial number information for authenticity, counterfieters use Guitar Dater Project and other sites to generate valid serial nos. Instead learn how to detect the signs of a counterfeit.
Moving on.....
If the pickups are stock, it could be a Standard Traditional Pro. They seem to only come with the Zebra p/u's. I have seen that finish on both the Epiphone and Gibson versions.

It is definetly not a Studio.
YA GOTTA HIT IT ON THE ONE
pics of gear updated on profile 11/16/09
Quote by GOLDIE93
If the pickups are stock, it could be a Standard Traditional Pro. They seem to only come with the Zebra p/u's. I have seen that finish on both the Epiphone and Gibson versions.

It is definetly not a Studio.

As others have said, the binding indicates its not a Studio. If it was one of the recent Standard Traditional models, the truss rod cover would normally say Traditional on it. Whereas recent "full" Standards don't have anything written on the truss rod cover (at least not usually).