Page 1 of 3
ACC, my local community college requires us under state law, if we are under the age of 30, to get a vaccine for meningitis otherwise we can't register for classes next semester.

http://www.austincc.edu/apply/immunizations/

Who else thinks this is crap, mandatory vaccinations for a weak virus that's not even worse than the flu.
What if you pass it on to someone with a weak immune system?
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by ethan_hanus
ACC, my local community college requires us under state law, if we are under the age of 30, to get a vaccine for meningitis otherwise we can't register for classes next semester.

http://www.austincc.edu/apply/immunizations/

Who else thinks this is crap, mandatory vaccinations for a weak virus that's not even worse than the flu.

Two people died from meningitis at my College a few years ago. It's not something minor.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Quote by ethan_hanus
Lots of people die from the flu too. It's not my fault if you take crap care of your body.

It's a good chance you'll die if you get meningitis and don't get treatment within a short amount of time. The flu is much easier to ride out if you're not a very healthy person.

Quote by ErikLensherr

How the hell were you ever 5 years old and DIDN'T get that shot? It's pretty common for school-aged kids.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
You know, it's just a shot.

I hate syringes with a passion, but it's a single vaccine. You have to get it what, once every few years? And it'll keep you healthy?

I don't really see the big deal.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Just another case of big government tyranny. Thanks, Obummer.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by necrosis1193

I hate syringes with a passion, but it's a single vaccine. You have to get it what, once every few years? And it'll keep you healthy?

I don't really see the big deal.

You must not have read my first post. It turns you gay.
Quote by ethan_hanus
Lots of people die from the flu too. It's not my fault if you take crap care of your body.

The Christian Way: Sick? Down? Too bad, it's your own damn fault.
Quote by necrosis1193

Yeah, to everyone who isn't paralyzed with fear by needles ;_;

But I see no problem with them mandating this. Meningitis is deadly, easily transmutable, and affects college students more than other age groups.

And, on the flip side, it will keep all the stupids too stubborn to get it out of school.
Last edited by Dirge Humani at Oct 5, 2011,
Here's the governmental BS I have to go through for an exemption. Have to send in a letter for request of a forum, then wait until they mail the forum to me, then fill it out, then mail it back in, wait for approval, then wait until they ship me the exemption, then somehow give it to someone at ACC to confirm it so I can be exempt...It's crap.

http://www.dshs.state.tx.us/immunize/school/default.shtm#exclusions

If you've already had the vaccination, why do you need it again? I've prolly already had it when I was like 6 months old, when they give you the majority of your vaccinations.

I also don't ever get sick, never had the flu, and never been vaccinated for it. And I take care of people with the flu all the time and still don't get it.
Quote by due 07

Rub some myrrh on it and walk it off, it's what Jesus would do.
That's true of like every school ever. I had one and I'm alive and well.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by genghisgandhi
You must not have read my first post. It turns you gay.

How is that anything new in Texas?

Quote by Dirge Humani
Yeah, to everyone who isn't paralyzed with fear by needles ;_;

Which I am. I figured that was covered by saying I hated them - they freak me out every time I get a shot, and I shudder every time I see one, but they're not that painful as long as you get an actual doctor to administer them(Not too hard, and really how it should be done), keep the arm relaxed, and look away. Plus it's only a short while. If I can avoid it I won't take them, but it's a small price for college enrollment in my mind.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Just get the shot. It's 30 minutes of your life and it could prevent some seriously bad consequences.

Quote by ErikLensherr

Why don't you just get the shot?
Quote by Athabasca
My ex did the same. Cheated on me and then acted like I'd given her sister a facial. Women are retarded.
LOL are you scared of needles? Just look away, listen to music, bite on a pillow like a little girl having her first time, whatever

ive had shots in the roof of my mouth for my wisdom teeth extraction- everything else just pales in comparison. Except a shot to the crotch would probably be worse.
Quote by due 07

And Lord Jesus said unto the Leper "take a bath asshole, stop crying".
In my heart I'm with you

every night
Quote by genghisgandhi
What harm would it do to get it? Besides the whole gay thing.

Because I don't want it, nor do I need it, so why waste my money on something I don't need? It's an annoyance to me, and everyone else, we are collage students, does anyone really think we have the time, or money to get random vaccines?

For all we know the Swine flu is gonna strike again and kill half the population of Earth.
Quote by necrosis1193
sfj;asdf

I get panic attacks. Just recently I was at the doctors and they wanted to give me a Cortisol shot. I, thankfully, managed to talk my way out of it.

I'm having a mild anxiety attack right now just from reading and being a part of this thread >_<
This is extremely common. I guess I wouldn't expect you to know that though.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
i think they should have two syringes, one full of vaccine and one heroin, and with a flip of a coin, you get injected with either, i think it will get more people vaccinated, and save lives.
Quote by piratemetalhead
LOL are you scared of needles? Just look away, listen to music, bite on a pillow like a little girl having her first time, whatever

ive had shots in the roof of my mouth for my wisdom teeth extraction- everything else just pales in comparison. Except a shot to the crotch would probably be worse.

I've had novocaine shots to the gums, it's such a strange sensation.
Quote by Dirge Humani
I get panic attacks. Just recently I was at the doctors and they wanted to give me a Cortisol shot. I, thankfully, managed to talk my way out of it.

I'm having a mild anxiety attack right now just from reading and being a part of this thread >_<

Sounds like you need some CBT for that bro.

Quote by ErikLensherr

Quote by Dirge Humani

There's a shot that can fix that.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by ethan_hanus
Because I don't want it, nor do I need it, so why waste my money on something I don't need? It's an annoyance to me, and everyone else, we are collage students, does anyone really think we have the time, or money to get random vaccines?

For all we know the Swine flu is gonna strike again and kill half the population of Earth.

Seems like not getting it would be more trouble given all the paperwork. Not getting meningitis is worth the cost of admission the way i see it
Quote by spitonastranger
Seems like not getting it would be more trouble given all the paperwork. Not getting meningitis is worth the cost of admission the way i see it

I have yet to see anyone who has gotten it. Not even on the news. Everyone I know who got the flu vaccine still got the 2 week throwing your guts out flu, every friken year. I'll take my chances.
Page 1 of 3