A Nickelback fan?

I honestly do not think I have ever incountered one. Some people like a few songs but no one who has them as a favourite band or would listen to them on a constant basis.

So how the **** are they so popular?

RAW POWER
That's how popular mainstream bands work-- you have one or two songs from hit artists, and you say you "like" all those bands, even though you're not seriously into any of the bands.

And my fiancee likes them.
Last edited by Luncbox1 at Oct 6, 2011,
I honestly don't get all the Nickelback hate. I think their music is pretty catchy. It's far from terrible. I think people just jump on the hatred bandwagon.
Quote by 'Leviathan'
I honestly don't get all the Nickelback hate. I think their music is pretty catchy. It's far from terrible. I think people just jump on the hatred bandwagon.

I agree. Have you noticed that nobody really made fun of Nickelback until everyone got tired of making fun of Fall Out Boy and Bullet for my Valentine? Everyone just switched to Nickelback. Eventually people will get tired of picking on Nickelback and move onto something else.
**** individual tastes, everyone should listen to;

Quote by TS
AC/DC, Alexisonfire, ALICE IN CHAINS, Bad Brains, The Beatles, Black Flag, Butthole Surfers, The Casulaties, Dinosaur Jr, Flipper, Foo Fighters, Green River, The Jesus Lizard, Kyuss, Led Zeppelin, Love Battery, Melvins, METALLICA, The Misfits, Mudhoney, NIRVANA, Pearl Jam, Pixies, Pink Floyd, Rage Against the Machine, The Ramones, Rise Against, Rush, SEX PISTOLS, Scratch Acid, Silverchair, The Stooges, Soundgarden, Sonic Youth, Violent Soho

And **** anyone that wants their own taste.
Quote by 'Leviathan'

yeah i agree

i actually like them, they make good music, out of all the bands in the world, i like them and creed, a lot, but that was back in freshman year, iv moved on to bigger and better things, but neither of those two were bad.
Last edited by jrcsgtpeppers at Oct 6, 2011,
Quote by 'Leviathan'

They got tired of hating on Limp Bizkit and went to Creed, then to FOB, then to Nickelback.

Basically everyone goes on and hates the current popular band. Then they forget about it, and constantly bitch about the next one.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
When I was like 12 or 13 my biggest dream was to attend a show of Nickelback and Breaking Benjamin together. Oh silly boy.
If I played guitar I'd be Jimmy Page, the girlies I like are underage.
I like Nickelback. Definitely have some catchy songs. I would never say they're a terrible band, nor would I say they're amazing. Don't see why people hate on them, just got nothing better to do and think everyone should like the bands you like?

EDIT:

Quote by blackborrego
When I was like 12 or 13 my biggest dream was to attend a show of Nickelback and Breaking Benjamin together. Oh silly boy.

I would love to see Breaking Benjamin in concert. Never cared for them, then I heard one song of theirs on a youtube video and got hooked. Now they're broken up Ben Burnley has a lot of songwriting talent.
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
Last edited by flanders_91 at Oct 6, 2011,
They used to be really good. Just recently they got shitty.

Oh.. and I like FoB (first two albums) and BfMV

Quote by flanders_91

I would love to see Breaking Benjamin in concert. Never cared for them, then I heard one song of theirs on a youtube video and got hooked. Now they're broken up Ben Burnley has a lot of songwriting talent.

I saw them They put on a good show.

And what?! They broke up? That sucks. If you want a band that's similar (maybe better), check out Evan's Blue. They're in the same vein as BB.
Last edited by DiminishedFifth at Oct 6, 2011,
My dad.
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd kill you and wear your skin.
Quote by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....
Quote by DiminishedFifth
They used to be really good. Just recently they got shitty.

Oh.. and I like FoB (first two albums) and BfMV

I saw them They put on a good show.

And what?! They broke up? That sucks. If you want a band that's similar (maybe better), check out Evan's Blue. They're in the same vein as BB.

yea. they've been on hiatus for a while because ben was sick, respiratory infection or whatever. then the rest of the band signed to go without him, and use the name breaking benjamin. then ben sued them or something. one of my friends told me this, he's not the type to make it up. i'm sure it's around on the internet.
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
Quote by flanders_91
yea. they've been on hiatus for a while because ben was sick, respiratory infection or whatever. then the rest of the band signed to go without him, and use the name breaking benjamin. then ben sued them or something. one of my friends told me this, he's not the type to make it up. i'm sure it's around on the internet.

Ah, I remember hearing about Ben getting sick. Well that sucks.
Quote by DiminishedFifth

Just searched them up. Thank you bro.
I tend to not hang out with people that listen to that type of music (just by personality type I guess ) so it makes sense that I wouldn't know anyone that likes them. Of course they have fans though.
Winnipeg is holding a festival tomorrow to celebrate the return of NHL hockey to the city and Nickelback was scheduled to play I think.. Until Winnipeggers wrote in a letter to the organizers begging not to book the band

Quote by MinterMan22
Winnipeg is holding a festival tomorrow to celebrate the return of NHL hockey to the city and Nickelback was scheduled to play I think.. Until Winnipeggers wrote in a letter to the organizers begging not to book the band

As much as I hate Winnipeg, this is awesome. I don't even mind Nickelback that much, but the fact that a good portion of the city actually joined together to prevent them from playing is hilarious. Not that they'd have time between the Guess Who playing their set, various people talking about how great the Jets are, then all the fellatio Burton Cummings will recieve for being from Winnipeg.
For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "if I live I will kill you."
"If I die, you are forgiven."
Such is the rule of honour.
Quote by genghisgandhi
A fat girl that cut my hair kept rambling about how great they were. I would have said something, but she had scissors an inch from my ear, which I use to listen to good music.

Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
I don't think so, but I sat down next to a bona fide Linkin Park groupie last year.
and to TS, no I haven't. at least not recently. When I was kid and how you remind me came out, I liked it. but man have they released a lot of piles of shit
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
Quote by due 07
I don't think so, but I sat down next to a bona fide Linkin Park groupie last year.

But Linkin Park was good until Minutes to Midnight! Even if they were kinda emo.
Last edited by DiminishedFifth at Oct 6, 2011,
Quote by DiminishedFifth
But Linkin Park was good until Minutes to Midnight! Even if they were kinda emo.

Despite the disappointment of Minutes to Midnight, A Thousand Suns is their best work yet.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
I don't understand all the Nickelback hate either. I don't really like any of their recent music, but they have had some great songs in the past. I think the reason everyone says they hate them is because they want to fit in with the crowd.

Honestly, every person that says they hate Nickelback never gives a valid reason why they hate them. Other than saying they sound like shit. Like every other person says.

But I like Nickelback. Every person has their different tastes I guess.
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Despite the disappointment of Minutes to Midnight, A Thousand Suns is their best work yet.

I haven't heard the full album, but what I heard was shitty.

Meteora, Hybrid Theory, Reanimation... those were the good albums.
Quote by DiminishedFifth
I haven't heard the full album, but what I heard was shitty.

That's cool, I threw it out the first listen, but now after hearing it again, it's superior to the rest of their work.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495

Quote by JayT44

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by DiminishedFifth

As long as you don't think about the lyrics.
I have never met a Nickelback fan, but is it wrong as a metalhead to like some songs from them? :O Cuz if my friends found out I listen to some songs they would comment it negative :P
Quote by Randomguy09
I have never met a Nickelback fan, but is it wrong as a metalhead to like some songs from them? :O Cuz if my friends found out I listen to some songs they would comment it negative :P

How is it wrong as a metalhead to like something outside of metal?
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495

Quote by JayT44

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by Xiaoxi
As long as you don't think about the lyrics.

As I do with almost all music

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
That's cool, I threw it out the first listen, but now after hearing it again, it's superior to the rest of their work.

I may have to go back and listen then. I might be missing out on some gold.
Quote by Randomguy09

It is SO wrong. I have called the Ministry of Proper Metal and its officials are on their way to detain you for further questioning. May Satan damn your soul. xxx666xxx

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
How is it wrong as a metalhead to like something outside of metal?

I see we have more than one defector today in need of institutional correction.
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Oct 6, 2011,
Quote by DiminishedFifth
As I do with almost all music

I may have to go back and listen then. I might be missing out on some gold.

Idk it's one of those albums where you need to listen to it all, not just pick and choose a few songs out of it. Some sound like ass on their own, but albumwise they go great.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495

Quote by JayT44

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
I have several times, but I've learned that if you are going to discuss your distaste of a band, you should do it politely, and only if asked your opinion on them.

Quote by Xiaoxi
It is SO wrong. I have called the Ministry of Proper Metal and its officials are on their way to detain you for further questioning. May Satan damn your soul. xxx666xxx

I see we have more than one defector today in need of institutional correction.

Heil!
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by Randomguy09

You are a metalhead if you listen to metal (that includes like 80% of the bands that are regarded as metal nowadays IMO), you don't turn into a "poser" or a "lol fake" if you listen to other genres sometimes; as long as wou wanna be a metalhead, you are one. If your friends can't accept that, they are close minded idiots.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
Quote by Ometh
You are a metalhead if you listen to metal (that includes like 80% of the bands that are regarded as metal nowadays IMO), you don't turn into a "poser" or a "lol fake" if you listen to other genres sometimes; as long as wou wanna be a metalhead, you are one. If your friends can't accept that, they are close minded idiots.

Why would he want to associate himself with a very close minded group? He should be proud of a wider range in music than his friends, than a lack there of.

Nickleback to me, was one of the many bands that just became progressively worse. I don't hate them I find a lot of older songs catchy, and I'll listen to them from time to time, but nothing I would listen exclusively though. ask my 10 year old self that question though. Different story
You belong in a museum.

Do you Enjoy Forza, and wish to be in an in game Club?! Look no further! Please, join.. there is no one else!