Just saw that my B and High E string have rusted, pretty badly. I got these strings in july. Any suggestions to keep my strings for a longer period of time? Oh and yeah, do the same strings go on an electric and an acoustic? Because Im playing an acoustic guitar.

Thanks
Nope, diff strings. Clean your hands, wipe your strings down and dry them. Dunlop formula 65 works well. You can buy coated strings as well.
You've had them since July? Yeah, time for a string change. And no, you don't put electric strings on an acoustic. And yes with a dry cloth. When you play, the oils from your fingers get on the strings causing rust. So after playing, wipe the strings.
a string is a finite sequence of symbols that are chosen from a set or alphabet.

In computer programming, a string is traditionally a sequence of characters, either as a literal constant or as some kind of variable. The latter may allow its elements to be mutated and/or the length changed, or it may be fixed (after creation). A string is generally understood as a data type and is often implemented as a byte (or word) array that stores a sequence of elements, typically characters, using some character encoding. A string may also denote more general array data types and/or other sequential data types and structures; terms such as byte string, or more general, string of datatype, or datatype-string, are sometimes used to denote strings in which the stored data does not (necessarily) represent text.
Quote by bushpeter
a string is a finite sequence of symbols that are chosen from a set or alphabet.

In computer programming, a string is traditionally a sequence of characters, either as a literal constant or as some kind of variable. The latter may allow its elements to be mutated and/or the length changed, or it may be fixed (after creation). A string is generally understood as a data type and is often implemented as a byte (or word) array that stores a sequence of elements, typically characters, using some character encoding. A string may also denote more general array data types and/or other sequential data types and structures; terms such as byte string, or more general, string of datatype, or datatype-string, are sometimes used to denote strings in which the stored data does not (necessarily) represent text.

So is this what sarcasm is, cause I've been doing it RIGHT!!!!
:
"Stop shooting me!!!GAHHHH!!!"
<(0_0<(>0_0)> FU
^(0_0)^^(0_0)^ Sion
(>0_0)><(0_0< HA!!!
<(*~*)>