oh dear, those are gonna be pricey.

it's interesting though.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Those are gonna be so freakin expensive! Sounded great with buddy demoing it though!
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
I bet the champ will go for like a grand+. They're gonna jack up that price like crazy.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
these will sound good but you can honestly get an identical sound by getting the non signature. tweed deluxe, champ, etc. will be overpriced. they are taking a hint from gibson and marshall by giving anyone who have ever played an instrument a signature series. not diminishing what clapton has done for music but just every company is doing this to make money which is the name of the game
Gibson 58 VOS, Gibson Rich Robinson ES-335, Fender Strat, Fender RoadWorn 50's Tele, Gibson LP Jr Special

Marshall JTM45, Fender BJR NOS
Quote by thejester
they are taking a hint from gibson and marshall by giving anyone who have ever played an instrument a signature series. not diminishing what clapton has done for music but just every company is doing this to make money which is the name of the game

From casual, inexperienced players that buy name brands. I mean it's like when I watched this video of Johnny Marr showcasing the Fender Champ

Johnny Marr: Fender Champ Demo

It's a great simple to use practice amp, that actually sounds great, and seems like a good idea to buy and have around until you're spending $1,000 on a practice amp!

I got the email too and was interested in the EC amp series, but honestly, i'm sure it is much cheaper just to get the normal amp, and swap out some components.
did the old champ ever have tremolo though? i could be wrong, well probably am actually, but i don't recall that model.
Quote by gregs1020
did the old champ ever have tremolo though? i could be wrong, well probably am actually, but i don't recall that model.

No, those were the vibrochamps lol, hence Clapton's use of those.
Quote by thejester
these will sound good but you can honestly get an identical sound by getting the non signature. tweed deluxe, champ, etc. will be overpriced. they are taking a hint from gibson and marshall by giving anyone who have ever played an instrument a signature series. not diminishing what clapton has done for music but just every company is doing this to make money which is the name of the game

Wrong, Clapton himself asked for some changes on those: http://www.premierguitar.com/Video/20111005/1652/Fender_Eric_Clapton_EC_Vibro_Champ_EC_Tremolux_and_EC_Twinolux_Amp_Demos.aspx

About prices: http://www.premierguitar.com/Magazine/Issue/Daily/News/Fender_Introduces_EC_Series_Eric_Clapton_Signature_Amps.aspx

Mesa Royal Atlantic
Emperor 4x12 Silver Bells
PRS Swamp Ash Limited Custom 24
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
Quote by darkarbiter7
I bet the champ will go for like a grand+. They're gonna jack up that price like crazy.

Looks like you were correct. I'd rather grab a silverface champ for $300ish... Everytime one pops up I'm broke though.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by patriotplayer90
Son of bitch

In response to prices, not you.

lol Yeah, those are Fück'n expensive xD

Mesa Royal Atlantic
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
Quote by tubetime86
Looks like you were correct. I'd rather grab a blackface champ for $300ish...

fixed
Give me ****ing break... 999 dollar nostalgia bs. There nothing remotely special about these amps except that amazing players used them fifty years ago. Get an Epi Val junior with an eq and save eight hundred dollars.
Gear:

Fender Strat
PRS SE Custom 24
Agile AL-3100

Jet City JCA50H
Randall 2x12 wV30s
a champ and valve jr is the same... theres no need for an EQ to be a champ lol. it's expensive because expensive parts are used (or they say they used) throughout. but you're mainly paying for the fender name and for this one, clapton's name.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
honestly they aren't any worse than any other boutique amp price wise. if they are indeed hand made then that kind of money is to be expected. would i buy one well probably not but it would be cheaper than trying to buy an actual 50s fender amp. a friend of mine has a 50s fender (can't remember which one but it's the same one that neil young uses) and i gotta say it's a really nice amp when cranked up.
Quote by gregs1020
fixed

Same circuit... So maybe I should be grabbing the silverface champ for $200?
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by tubetime86
Same circuit... So maybe I should be grabbing the silverface champ for $200?

ya but the black face has the black.

black is the new black.

check your sig for pruf.

but really either, both are great little amps that everyone dismisses.
If I had the money I'll buy one the Twinolux , but that's just me though.

Mesa Royal Atlantic
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich