A term that describes the feeling of satisfaction experienced by some at the sight of another's misfortune, demise, pain etc.

Ever recall a situation where you 'schadenfreuded' someone? Please explain.
TESTAMENT, SCAR SYMMETRY......SELF EXPLANATORY

ALEX SKOLNICK, PER NILSSON........ADULATION MANDATORY

Gear: JACKSON RR3

Member#25 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS CLUB. PM Revelations to Join
I once went back in time and saw your mother giving birth to you....

I schadenfreuded your mum
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Last edited by slash_GNR666 at Oct 6, 2011,
I'm only human, so yes, I know that feel, bro.

Edit: Crazy coincidence: I'm watching an episode of Star Trek right this second that deals with this very feeling. Amazing episode btw. One of the best trek episodes.
Check out my band Disturbed
Last edited by StewieSwan at Oct 6, 2011,
"schadenfreuded" ugh.

But yes, I've experienced feelings of schadenfreude. Mostly when my friends fall over, walk into things, drop things etc. But they laugh when I do the same, so it's all ok.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

When Donald Trump was publicly mocked and humiliated at the White House Correspondents' Dinner. That was a beauty.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by OddOneOut
"schadenfreuded" ugh.

But yes, I've experienced feelings of schadenfreude. Mostly when my friends fall over, walk into things, drop things etc. But they laugh when I do the same, so it's all ok.

Basically this, but I wait to make sure they're OK and then hurt them emotionally.
Quote by slash_GNR666
I once went back in time and saw your mother giving birth to you....

I schadenfreuded your mum

That's weird, your mum was just telling me about how what you saw was actually a dream you told her about and was caused by repressed memories of your dad molesting you and then raping her.

Quote by breakstuff
That's weird, your mum was just telling me about how what you saw was actually a dream you told her about and was caused by repressed memories of your dad molesting you and then raping her.

Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

Quote by breakstuff

It's the sole reason I like JohnnyGenzale.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Quote by breakstuff

Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Fuck I just spat cereal and milk on my keyboard and screen

Your welcome
Quote by lambofgod127

Quote by smokeysteve22
If no1 has laughed at someone getting hurt then your clearly an adbot.

This

I think you can take both pleasure and pain in someone else's misfortune at the same time. Bad things have happened to people I don't like, and however satisfying I find it I still want them to recover from it somehow.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
The lake was silent for some time. Finally it said:
"I weep for Narcissus, but I never noticed that Narcissus was beautiful. I weep because, each time he knelt beside my banks, I could see, in the depths of his eyes, my own beauty reflected."
I recently experienced that.

Some bitch who acted like my friend tried to steal my job without me knowing. It was a crappy job, so I allowed her to get away with it. Now, she's miserable and has asked me to help her with it. Haha, no, you loser.
XIAOXI
Quote by Abunai X
I recently experienced that.

Some bitch who acted like my friend tried to steal my job without me knowing. It was a crappy job, so I allowed her to get away with it. Now, she's miserable and has asked me to help her with it. Haha, no, you loser.

No no no, you do decide to give her help, but you make it all counter-productive and give her really bad advice so she fails even harder.

Then you curb stomp her.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by dann_blood
Then you curb stomp her.

You're doing it wrong.

"Then your feelings of schandenfreude grows. You feel schandenfreuder."
I follow football, so yes, and very often at that!

Forza Juve

'e voglia 'e mettere rum, chi nasce strunz' nun po' addiventà babbà
Quote by solo_freak
I follow football, so yes, and very often at that!

I know exactly what you mean, it is most common in sports I think. I remember I was happy as hell every time Chelsea FC lost a game regardless of the competition.

I'm pretty guilty of this sometimes. I'm vindictive.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Well, I think everyone here has laughed at some good trolling so we're all guilty
I listen to mostly anything, except country and rap.
I experienced this hardcore when my ex had her heart broken. I was like "gee, what a shame."
I've got the spirit, but lose the feeling.
I am Adolf Hitler and yes.
So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world.
~Jack Layton 1950-2011
Quote by Venice King
It's the sole reason I like JohnnyGenzale.

You jelly of sometin' bro?

Why so mean?
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Last edited by JohnnyGenzale at Oct 6, 2011,