I am really confused but when I play the open D normally with my index or middle finger it rings fine but buzzes at the end of tyhe note but if i use my thumb even gently it buzzes which is anoying because I use my thumb alot with my index finger to do chords or if im playing on 2 different strings.

The buzz comes from near the peg things are not the end you tune the bass from. I dunno what guitar parts are called so im sorry. I think its the bridge but im not sure. Its an electro acoustic so I dont know if its something inside rattling. But its only 1 strign so I dont think so.

Is there something I can check to see if I can sort it.
Last edited by ben9394 at Oct 6, 2011,
Is it a new bass? When was the last time you had your guitar set up? Maybe check the truss rod sometimes just due to humidity the wood will expand or shrink the neck a bit and it just needs a little tightening or loosening.
Quote by furiousfingers
Is it a new bass? When was the last time you had your guitar set up? Maybe check the truss rod sometimes just due to humidity the wood will expand or shrink the neck a bit and it just needs a little tightening or loosening.

Please don't adjust the truss rod unless you actually know what you're doing. Talk to a guitar tech.
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
ya if you dont have to think about weather you know what your doing or not, then go for it but if you dont know what your doing definately get it set up like where you bought it or at some local music store

when Moses brought down the plagues upon Egypt one of them involved Behringer amps

Dont be so humble, your not that great....
Are you pressing the strings down too much? I typically get buzz when I use my thumb to pick down, but I normally don't get much buzz when I pick up with my pointer finger. Also depends on how hard you hit the strings, too hard and they will buzz no matter what, perfect setup or not.
It could be the nut - if only one string buzzes near the headstock, the string's slot in the nut could be too wide.

My electric bass has that problem on the A string. I just stick a piece of paper on the slot as a temporary fix A more permanent fix of course, would be buying a new nut and install it.
Professional lurker since 2009.
Oh, didn't notice it was at the saddle and not the nut. Still it could be the same problem. Try sticking a small piece of paper there and see if that fixes it.
Professional lurker since 2009.
I said it on Dman's forum and I'll say it again, I think it's a saddle problem.
For how can I give the King his place of worth above all else
when I spend my time striving to place the crown upon myself?