Page 4 of 800
Quote by TNfootballfan62
Does anyone actually use perf instead of vero? I hate perf. I can't usually fit two legs into a hole together.

I like perf better than vero. I hate cutting the tracks. Why would you need two legs in one hole? You can just put them in adjacent holes and tie them together...
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
I used perf in high school. Mostly we just burned it with soldering irons because it smelled like cookies.

Neat fact, when I typed the "shrug" emote, I typed chug. We all know where my mind is...
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
oh yeah i tried my joyo phaser a bit more, into a clean amp too. still initial impressions (and someone will probably come along with a schematic to prove it's digital or something and leave me with egg on my face ), but it sounds really, really good. I haven't tried it next to my biyang (as it's faulty it's in its box and i cba taking it out to try ), but i think it sounds a lot better than the biyang one. Granted the biyang is a clone of a phase 100, so maybe i just prefer the tone of the 90.

but yeah for 29 euro it's crazy good value. I mean I'm not the biggest effects guy, but I've tried a fair few now, plus if I think a pedal is killing my amp tone I have no problem just taking it off the board... and the joyo phaser is staying, no question.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Oct 6, 2011,
Quote by mmolteratx
I like perf better than vero. I hate cutting the tracks. Why would you need two legs in one hole? You can just put them in adjacent holes and tie them together...

Well yeah, but I hate that, too. I also hate cutting tracks. I'm the laziest person ever. There's a reason I don't really build pedals any more.

Also, do those voltage followers give you any stability issues? Or have you not built/tested it yet?
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Congrats.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by TNfootballfan62
Well yeah, but I hate that, too. I also hate cutting tracks. I'm the laziest person ever. There's a reason I don't really build pedals any more.

Also, do those voltage followers give you any stability issues? Or have you not built/tested it yet?

I haven't built/tested it yet but I've used nearly the same thing in stand alone buffers with no issue.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Congrats Greg. Now buy something.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by gregs1020
Woot!!!! Car is sold!!!!!

Noice. Now go buy some more guitars.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by mmolteratx
I haven't built/tested it yet but I've used nearly the same thing in stand alone buffers with no issue.

Gotcha. A capacitive load (C13) following a unity gain amp can cause some instability, but R22 is probably sufficient to take care of that. I thought maybe it was a completely original design. If you've used the same setup elsewhere, I'm sure there's no problem.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
Congrats greg! Buy some sweet guitar sh!t with it!
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by Dave_Mc

Oh and quail- i tried the thomann isolated power supplies. Maybe I'm doing something wrong but I don't think they're working too well I'm getting a lot more hum, and some of my pedals don't work with it. I'll do more troubleshooting tomorrow if I can, but initial thoughts are... uh-oh.

Well, that sucks. :/
Dunno if anything can be done about it, really... I'd say see if you can get it work properly somehow, if not, ask for a replacement, and if that still doesn't cut it, I guess it's just a sucky supply.
Try another power-outlet, or if it's possible, an outlet in another house. However, if your previous power-supply didn't cause these problems, it's likely not the outlet's fault.

Nice to hear about the phaser though.
congrats with the car, greg

EDIT: ^ yeah... i mean, i think i've noticed a little more hum since i started using that rcd extension lead (but i want to keep using it as i don't want to get electrocuted even though i think rcd is built into our house anyway), but it's nothing too bad, it's like "slightly more noise".

the hum with the harley benton power plant junior is "tons of hum" when certain pedals are on.

I should probably check the current draws, but I'd be very surprised if any of my pedals is drawing more than 120mA. I checked the decimator last night and i think it was about 40... most ods and dists are normally like under 10.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by Mark G
Congrats Greg!

Also, thank god Palin will not be running for president.

What, in the Netherlands? I wouldn't have expected her to.
Quote by TNfootballfan62
Gotcha. A capacitive load (C13) following a unity gain amp can cause some instability, but R22 is probably sufficient to take care of that. I thought maybe it was a completely original design. If you've used the same setup elsewhere, I'm sure there's no problem.

That I've actually never tried. It's one of the parts I was planning on socketing though (to simulate Miller capacitance) so if it gives me problems removing it is easy.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Dave, do you have gut pics of the Thomann supply? That'd tell you really quick whether or not it's really isolated. My guess is it's not if you're having those problems.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by TheQuailman
What, in the Netherlands? I wouldn't have expected her to.

We get american news over here you know. Unfortunately, when America ****s up, our economy suffers all the same.
WTLTL 2011
Matt: There are a couple things you can do to compensate. Let me know if you run into stability problems with it and I'll give you some ideas.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
^^^ nah unfortunately not. And I can't really open it because if it does have to be sent back, that could void the warranty.

It does say all over it and in the manual that it's isolated (whereas most ones that aren't don't mention isolated), but obviously that doesn't mean too much if they're just willing to lie

EDIT: I'm running two of them, would that have anything to do with it? Also one of them doesn't have all the leads attached (as i only needed to run 4 pedals through it).

I'll try fiddling about with all the ins-and-outs tomorrow just in case i'm doing something silly.

but if not...

Quote by Mark G
We get american news over here you know. Unfortunately, when America ****s up, our economy suffers all the same.

Lol, so does half of Europe. Who do we sell cars to when the States' economy tanks? Tell me who? 2009 was a tough year.

Also, there are enough high-profile Republicans trying to become president now, so some has-been like Palin probably wouldn't even have much of a chance, anyway, right?
Quote by TNfootballfan62
Matt: There are a couple things you can do to compensate. Let me know if you run into stability problems with it and I'll give you some ideas.

It'll probably be 2-3 weeks before I can actually build it though. Gotta wait for transistors to cross the Atlantic. Or Pacific. I don't know which way they come from Russia.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by gregs1020
This.

But I will have some left over.

awww yeah sexy stacks
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by mmolteratx

It'll probably be 2-3 weeks before I can actually build it though. Gotta wait for transistors to cross the Atlantic. Or Pacific. I don't know which way they come from Russia.

Never hurts to build that particular gain stage in simulation software and test it just to be sure.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
Quote by TheQuailman
Lol, so does half of Europe. Who do we sell cars to when the States' economy tanks? Tell me who? 2009 was a tough year.

greece?

aw shit

actually, now i'm thinking, the fact i have two of the power supplies means it's unlikely they're faulty... so at least (once i've tested them more) i'll not have to faff around with replacements...
Greg. Make it rain. Nao.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by TheQuailman

Also, there are enough high-profile Republicans trying to become president now, so some has-been like Palin probably wouldn't even have much of a chance, anyway, right?

When you put it that way, Palin running for president might in fact be worth a few giggles.

I'm still rooting for Arnold to run
WTLTL 2011
Palin isn't running.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
don't think arnie can run. have to be born in america to be president, i think.

hey does lay it down by ratt have phaser in it? i suspect it does but i'm terrible at recognising tones from recordings...
Quote by Dave_Mc
don't think arnie can run. have to be born in america to be president, i think.

hey does lay it down by ratt have phaser in it? i suspect it does but i'm terrible at recognising tones from recordings...

Not to my ears. Just a bit of reverb and delay. The start of the music video has a bit of a whoosh at the start that could be confused with a flanger or something but other then that..not that i can hear
Someone is selling a '11 Gibby LP Goldtop with P-90s for $800.

Needless to say, I died a little inside. I just want to spend my paychecks...
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by gregs1020
i nominate lbj273, W4RP1G and probably some PBT guys i can't think of right now.

silly6

Min, since the last thread got deleted...

wut are my caps?
mojostompboxes.com
Quote by TNfootballfan62
Never hurts to build that particular gain stage in simulation software and test it just to be sure.

What's simulation software. I have a Mac.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by AcousticMirror
good-all and trw and sangamo paper/polyester molded.

the new silver mica of pedals.
mojostompboxes.com
Quote by gregs1020
thanks everyone.

lol, that was my left pocket.

i was afraid the wind was gonna blow if i emptied my right pocket too.

goldtop classic LP from 96, the rest is getting saved and added to for the atomic orange monstah.

maybe a CE24 too though.

just to tease tom.

and i need a delay pedal.

I hope you have another car, buddy! What did you sell? I missed a lot of posts
Nice GAS list though. I want another '79 LP gold top like the one I used to have before I f#@ked it up.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
WTF is this pile of shit on the History Channel right now? Why do I even bother with this channel...
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Does anyone actually use perf instead of vero? I hate perf. I can't usually fit two legs into a hole together.

I use both. Why are you fitting two legs into one hole??

umadbro.

Also, use a drill bit to cut tracks on vero. super easy.

matt, maybe add a toggle for a midboost in the Baxandall? Could be useful.
That's what I do. But I still hate doing it. I just wanna get PCBs fabbed for everything.

I dunno if I have room for another switch.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT