I have the opportunity to get a

Marshall JCM 200 60 watt TSL 602

For 200-400 pounds.

How good is the amp overall?

Can it be used for small gigs and home pratice ?

Can it achieve an iron maiden, joe satriani, randy rhodes tone ?

Is it good for the price ?
I'd go for it. It'd do perfect for what you want
Austin Les Paul
Alvarez Acoustic

Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100
Peavey 5150 2x12 60watt combo
Orange Micro Terror
Jet City Made in USA 2x12
yea thats probably a good deal

Epi LP Custom EMGs
ESP H-1000
Schecter Elite 7
Jackson Dominion
Peavey Valveking Head
Jet City JCA24s
Blackstar HT20 & HTV212
MXR Pedals
Schecter Stiletto Custom
Schecter Stiletto Studio
Fender Vintage Modified
Ampeg B2RE
Fender 4x10 Cab
That's an awesome price.. You shouldn't really pass that.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Quote by SchecterDean
How much in US dollars is 200-400 pounds?

320 - 640 dollars ish
Quote by mrbabo91
320 - 640 dollars ish

DEFINITELY GET IT THEN
Austin Les Paul
Alvarez Acoustic

Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100
Peavey 5150 2x12 60watt combo
Orange Micro Terror
Jet City Made in USA 2x12
^ bear in mind they're a lot cheaper in the uk than in the us

200-400 is quite a range... closer to 200 is a killer deal, closer to 400 is probably getting towards about market value.

I think. i'm not too well up on the used market.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ bear in mind they're a lot cheaper in the uk than in the us

200-400 is quite a range... closer to 200 is a killer deal, closer to 400 is probably getting towards about market value.

I think. i'm not too well up on the used market.

they cost £1000 brand new in the UK
They have a pretty poor resale value though, £200-300 should be about right AFAIR.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

wow they've fairly gone up

to answer your original question about the tones you want to get- it'll do them, but it's bit more modern-sounding than those tones. if you can get it for close to £200, you might as well, but for closer to £400... a traynor ycv50b, new off thomann, would probably be a better idea...

^ that might be true... they definitely seem to be the least sought-after of the more modern marshalls... (probably with good cause )
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
well yeah i mean it's gonna be an improvement on that, just if it starts pushing the £400 mark there might be better options
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?