Poll: What would you do?
Poll Options
View poll results: What would you do?
Human life is human life. I'd crack down on those companies, no matter the cost.
21 35%
I'd sacrifice the few for the needs of the many. If they want to kill themselves, let 'em.
39 65%
Voters: 60.
It's no secret that we, as a species, are using earth's materials faster than they're produced. It's also no secret that our population is ever expanding, with more and more people filling the earth each year.

Now another point; a large percentage of deaths occur from poor lifestyle choices, such as smoking, or maintaining an unhealthy diet. Diabetes, lower respiratory diseases, cancer, and heart disease are all in the top 10 human causes of death, as well as fatal accidents, which are often substance related.

Many people cry out for the world's governments to keep tighter regulations on the companies (and...organizations) that produce and endorse the products that cause the above problems, many of whom have blatantly predatory policies toward their customers.

However, it could be argued that these issues make a fairly effective form of population control. The public doesn't care because they're the ones responsible for the "population control', not the government. This could very well buy our species time to either get off the planet, or fix it.

So I ask the pit- If you were in a position of great power, what would your stance on the matter be? Would you crack down on the predatory practices of the world's mega-corporations? Or would you let them continue killing people, in the name of prolonging the species?
Nope, no sig here.
That's a terrible thing to think.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
As long as the potheads don't get their weed legalised, I don't care what happens

BL
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
We can work against overpopulation without killing people, Adolf.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by SteveHouse
We can work against overpopulation without killing people, Adolf.

to be the devils advocate.

how do you think we can sustain this population with equal opportunities for all 7 billion of us?

its really not possible.
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Quote by JimmyBanks6

how do you think we can sustain this population with equal opportunities for all 7 billion of us?

Anyway the problem is less in sheer numbers and more in where they're condensed, and how the developed countries rape the natural resources of the shittier ones.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by JimmyBanks6

its really not possible.

Think of something like world hunger as a supply-and-demand problem: instead of reducing the number of hungry people, simply reduce the number of people - with involuntary euthanasia and which we can then use them as fertiliser for our crops.

BL
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
Quote by SteveHouse
Anyway the problem is less in sheer numbers and more in where they're condensed, and how the developed countries rape the natural resources of the shittier ones.

True. But how long until we fill up the undeveloped parts, too?
Nope, no sig here.
Cigarette companies are not killing people. People who smoke are killing themselves, and if they wish to, then let them.
^The above post paid for by Phillip Morris. "The people who knowingly sell you cancer to smoke aren't responsible if you buy it and get cancer." "It's not my fault he blew himself up, I just sold him the bomb that was scheduled to go off in fifteen seconds."
Quote by Mutant Corn
True. But how long until we fill up the undeveloped parts, too?

You tell me.

It's not the death rate that needs to change. It's the birth rate.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Last edited by SteveHouse at Oct 6, 2011,
That depends on what kind of 'substances' you are refering too.
You cannot choose the little time you're given in this world. You enter bare and unclothed, provided only with intelligence enough to choose how you spend your time. You always have a choice. Always. Though be warned, your choice can rarely be undone
Quote by JimmyBanks6

its really not possible.

No doubt nature will take care of that. (the plague, Spanish flue, ...)
And with the globalisation it wouldn't even take an epidemic that serious to make more victims in the present.
Just because I have some strong opinions doesn't mean I agree with everything I say.
Quote by BlackLuster
As long as the potheads don't get their weed legalised, I don't care what happens
Yeah, god help us if something people choose to do that doesn't harm anyone was legal and properly regulated.
We should just force everyone to smoke from age ten on.

It's the only solution that makes any sense.
Quote by rockdude375
That depends on what kind of 'substances' you are refering too.

Anything that impairs your reflexes and/or judgement. :/

I'd guess that alcohol would be the most common.

Quote by smb
Yeah, god help us if something people choose to do that doesn't harm anyone was legal and properly regulated.

Are you implying that lighting something on fire and inhaling the smoke won't harm you? I mean I know there's other ways to use it, but still...even without the health effects there's still the whole judgement thing. "Hey y'all, watch this!"
Nope, no sig here.
Last edited by Mutant Corn at Oct 6, 2011,
TS reminds me of Rorsach.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Anything that "kills" you slowly, like cigarettes or excessive alcohol, is a gray area to me in the first place. Because we're all slowly dying anyway, being born has a 100% chance of resulting in death, so should we outlaw being born as well?
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Quote by BlackLuster

BL

If the potheads get their weed legalised, and if (contrary to many pro-legalisation advocates) a larger percentage of the world starts smoking weed, more people will go hungry, meaning that more people will be consuming the foods and beverages that could have gone to the poor!
DeVillains!
If everyone country implented the same style of Birth Control as China has?
We really wouldn't have a problem.

People already do a GREAT job at killing themselves, now if we just stop paying crack ***** to have twelve children and live off their welfare money? And restrict women to one or two children?

We'd be fine.
Unfortunately, Politics in America isn't about fixing problems, it's about making sure those bastards in the opposing party don't win... So essentially?

We're all f*cked one way or another, just accept it and move on.
How many guitar players does it take to change a light bulb?

Twelve. One to change the bulb and eleven to say they could do it better.

Quote by Mutant Corn
Are you implying that lighting something on fire and inhaling the smoke won't harm you? I mean I know there's other ways to use it, but still...even without the health effects there's still the whole judgement thing. "Hey y'all, watch this!"
You don't have to smoke it. Even if you do it's less harmful than plenty of other, legal, activities. I'm not sure what you're getting at with the last bit. Smoking weed, for most people, doesn't make them do stupid stuff. It's certainly less likely to land you in casualty than drinking.
We are all losers.

Losers.

And what I hate more are people who say "save the planet", the planet is fine, the people are ****ed, yes, that's a goddamn quote of George Carlin.

Anyways, if I or someone else with a good heart (I'm not saying that I have a good heart, I hate people) will try to stop these big companies, the answer will be; you'll get killed probably, these companies are not happy people working for the sake of other people's good-being, they want money and power, just like every human would like.

Companies put a lot of effort and money into the business and politics. So they wouldn't be happy with the fact that someone tries to stop them. It's a shitty world, and all of you that claim that the Western civillisation is good are ****ed, because Europe and the USA are more barbaric than African jungle-people.

The only way would be;
1. Become dictator
2. Kill lots of smart people + bussines-people + capitalist politicians
3. Genocides around Europe and the USA, eventually Russia and China too
4. Be happy yourself, but be remembered as the basterd who killed millions of people

Goddamnit, at some points I would agree with people like Hitler, Mao and Stalin

@people saying that smoking pot doesn't harm;
it does, it does the same shit like alcohol does to you, atleast in Europe where alcohol and other drugs are just chemically prepared and genetically manipulated.

On the other hand you have cannabis in Central Asian countries growing in the wild, that's other kind of pot, from nature, free from all supplements.
Last edited by AmirT at Oct 6, 2011,
Quote by SteveHouse
^The above post paid for by Phillip Morris. "The people who knowingly sell you cancer to smoke aren't responsible if you buy it and get cancer." "It's not my fault he blew himself up, I just sold him the bomb that was scheduled to go off in fifteen seconds."
8<

McDonalds is selling you obesity?
Breweries are selling you liver disease?
The gun factories are responsible for all the people who get shot?
Just because I have some strong opinions doesn't mean I agree with everything I say.
Quote by xgunterx

Yes.
No, because alcohol doesn't have to result in cirrhosis, that's just lengthy abuse. Most people who drink will never have that problem.
Yes.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by xgunterx

No, they're only advertising and monopolising the market. For the rest it's for the people to choose, atleast if they can.

And no, don't come with bullsh*t like "they put addicting things in the meat and cigarets so the people would become addicted to it, even if it has been proven."

/sarcasm.
Quote by SteveHouse
Yes.
No, because alcohol doesn't have to result in cirrhosis, that's just lengthy abuse. Most people who drink will never have that problem.
Yes.

So end the fast food industry and make peolpe waste time on their meals instead of working.
So end the gun business and let people die from natural predators' attacks.
I listen to mostly anything, except country and rap.
If I wanted population control I'd put everyone's medical knowledge back about a thousand years, can't happen though.
sunbather is shit
If you wanna make certain decisions throughout your life, including some that are likely to shorten your life span, then it's your responsibility to accept the consequences of those actions. That is all.
Check out my punk band!!! Lizard on the Window We found a drummer and are now recording.

White Version FC: 4083 9268 4644
White 2 FC: 5372 8215 3622
3DS FC: 1676 4085 1677
You're saying that we should let people kill themselves with substances, so they don't use up the worlds rescorces, but what about people who get sick from those substances and need extra rescources to help them live? like a guy with lung cancer needs all the medical stuff in the hospital, where as if he didnt smoke, he wouldnt need all that stuff

Jay Turser: JT-134DC
Epiphone: G-400
Gibson: SG Special Faded Cherry

Line 6: Spider III 15-watt
Marshall Haze 40

DOD FX65 Chorus
Danelectro Fish & Chips EQ
EH4800 Small Stone Phase Shifter
Dunlop CryBaby Wah
Deltalab Tube Overdrive TO1
The human problem:

- Most people are poor.
- Poor people don't have computers, so they haf to secks for entertainment instead of reading rage comix.
- Poor babies are born. Lots of them.
- Poor babies are poor.
- Poor babies don't have computers, so they haf to secks for entertainment instead of reading rage comix.
- Poorer babies are born. Lots and lots of them.
- Poorer babies are poorer.

Ad infinitum.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Last edited by darkstar2466 at Oct 6, 2011,
Quote by RiseAgainstScum
So end the fast food industry and make peolpe waste time on their meals instead of working.
So end the gun business and let people die from natural predators' attacks.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by darkstar2466
The human problem:

- Most people are poor.
- Poor people don't have computers, so they haf to secks for entertainment instead of reading rage comix.
- Poor babies are born. Lots of them.
- Poor babies are poor.
- Poor babies don't have computers, so they haf to secks for entertainment instead of reading rage comix.
- Poorer babies are born. Lots and lots of them.
- Poorer babies are poorer.

Ad infinitum.

Eat poor babies.

Problem solved.
I listen to mostly anything, except country and rap.
Encouraging people to die to solve a relatively nonexistent problem is one of the dumbest, most disturbing things I've read.
if over population WAS a problem and it got to the point where a dystopian environment caused mass death and chaos then...

some people are smart, some people are dumb.
the smart people will live, the dumb people will die.

survival of the fittest. after the mass death of our species those who survive will re populate and the cycle will continue...

Egnater Tweaker 40
Yamaha s412
Vox AC4TV
Fender Blues Jr. VIII

Fender MIM Jazzmaster
Fender MIM Telecaster
Ibanez GAX70
Ibanez VBT700
Epiphone Les Paul jr.
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute

Various Effects