I have a Nash T-63 telecaster and its a great guitar. I did notice that the b string buzzed when played open so I took the b and e string out of the string tree. It buzzed slightly but it isn't as bad, as those strings play better now.

But can it cause damage to the guitar?
Quote by Dmaj7
I have a Nash T-63 telecaster and its a great guitar. I did notice that the b string buzzed when played open so I took the b and e string out of the string tree. It buzzed slightly but it isn't as bad, as those strings play better now.

But can it cause damage to the guitar?

it helps keep the string from falling out of the nut cut.

if you dont find it's an issue, then ok.

or you can lube the contact point there, or get a better quality tree.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Yeah I'll probably just order another one. The thing is my guitar is reliced, and the tree is extremely rusty
Quote by Dmaj7
Yeah I'll probably just order another one. The thing is my guitar is reliced, and the tree is extremely rusty

ahh, yeah well take it off, sand it, lube it and add a washer to make sure it's secure if needed.

they also have roller trees. might help
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

oh and if you find the guitar still buzzes, try slipping a bit of paper under the string,
in the cut of the nut. see if that helps. (before you take off the tree)
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

I second the suggestion for roller trees. I have them on 2 of my Strats. Love 'em.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER