i have a peavey predator plus exp with a floyd of some sort on it and recently eg just now noticed that even when my guitar is in perfect tune the high notes on my guitar(12 onwards) just dont sound in tune this is only on strings G B E i even tried retuning and everything the only reason i noticed is because i was playing the little interlude in nothing else matter by metallica and the notes just werent sounding right and i know that song is in standard, i have never had this problem before and dont know what to do!
thanks in advance will
First off Nothing Else Matters is a half step down, I've played along to the intro/solo on both live and the album versions and it's half step down.
Quote by The Vickshow
First off Nothing Else Matters is a half step down, I've played along to the intro/solo on both live and the album versions and it's half step down.

No, the studio version of Nothing Else Matters is in E standard. Live, they tune to Eb.
But yes, I'm pretty sure intonation is the problem:

http://www.wikihow.com/Set-Your-Guitar%27s-Intonation

EDIT: Old strings could be a factor too.
Last edited by emil_sej at Oct 6, 2011,
Intonation problem as said above, play the 12th fret and then a 12th fret harmonic and you should see whether certain strings are sharp or flat, I reccomend a change of strings before you attempt to adjust anything, just ask a guitar shop to sort it if you want it done properly.