i need a backup guitar. what is a good cheap one? i was looking at the ltd m-10, the dean vendetta xm, or the squier bullet (HH) strat. whic of these would be best? or if any in the price range would be good for my needs? i play blues, rock and metal with a b-52 ls 100
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699
had a blast until the person in front of me whipped out his dick and started pissing all over the floor..

Ducks and guitars or fish and guitars. I lead a simple existence
how much do they go for used? i'm only gonna have a budget of $130 at the max
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699
had a blast until the person in front of me whipped out his dick and started pissing all over the floor..

i'm actually in connecticut, u.s.a... i don't remember why i decided to put stockholm in that
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699

lol alright. what is the best in your opinion? i'd like humbuckers, preferably 2. maybe a used ibanez?
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699

new haven is the closest city
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699

I really rate the Dean Vendettas, we sell them at the shop where I work...great little budget guitar.

The Vendetta 1.0 is their budget-end model, which has an arched top and gloss finish with a bolt-on neck. They sound pretty decent with the stock pickups and feel very well made, then again I've always liked Dean's stuff...

Really depends how much you want to spend tbh
lol dimebag i just emailed that guy
and vermin i'm seriously considering the dean
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699

those are all pretty poor guitars.

maybe try and save up a little extra and pop for something a little bit better. in this case, 75-100 bucks more will get you significantly more guitar (you want your backup to be good enough to actually use, right?)
would i be able to play out without a backup? or would that just be stupid
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699

Depends how reliable it is and you best keep your strings pretty new.
What is your main guitar?
Also I guess how long your set is matters.
Quote by IronMaiden76
would i be able to play out without a backup? or would that just be stupid

that depends greatly on your guitar and how often you've broken strings on it. that being said, the only time I have things go wrong is when I don't have a backup.

you could just rent a guitar or borrow one from a buddy. thats usually pretty cheap (case of beer for said buddy is like $20, about $230 less that a reasonable guitar)

and yes, edmonton does suck... too much bad metalcore and winter
Get the Bullet Strat.

I've got a single Humbucker Model, upgraded with a GFS Crunchy Rails. I looooooove it. My favorite guitar to play, I'm selling my Ibanez SA because I like my Bullet 230498 times more.
Austin Les Paul
Alvarez Acoustic

Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100
Peavey 5150 2x12 60watt combo
Orange Micro Terror
Jet City Made in USA 2x12
i was looking into squiers and epis to mod and what have you
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699

The big problem with the squier bullets is the QC.
If you play a few you probably will find a half decent one that you can change pups and have an okay guitar. Although if youre still playing the se special a bullet will be a slight upgrade.

I absolutely love my epiphone. It plays like absolute shit, but its such a bright guitar, sounds fantastic with the pups I got. I got mine for 200$ in pretty rough condition w/ 1 pickup and stripped of most electronics and knobs.
Squier should be fine. Plus as you go on you can slowly upgrade and mod it to make it even better. But if you know how to actually setup, intonate, adjust, and tune the guitar, it should do you fine for your budget. I don't know much about the others.
Ibanez AS93
Fender Marauder
Vox Pathfinder 15R
cool. thanks guys
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699

Im selling an epiphone les paul custom black if you want it, very versatile and only £250. I'd say thats a cheap backup guitar?
i'm in the U.S. so how much would that be?
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699

If you wanna go cheap and still sound great I suggest an Agile AL-2000. They come in lots of colors too! Perfect for modding in my opinion because they're cheap and you don't have to worry about messing up an expensive guitar.
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
how readily available are agile guitars used?
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699

You dont find a lot of used ones. Usually will will only find them used is big cities. If you save up a little the AL-2000 is well worth the money.
^+1 Save up a little and get the Agile. You can do all those things people suggest to do with Squiers and not have to worry so much about the QC.
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
Used Epiphone G-400 you can find them for @$150
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I've found a few Arbor les paul copies used in shops for $100. Most of them play like shit, but a few actually are decent guitars. Try to find one of those around. Build quality is actually pretty solid.
i'm gonna go to guitar center in few weeks, i'll see what they have for used shit
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699