i am going to start seeing hevy metal and i need to have a list of bands and the tuning (pitch) that they use or the tunings for each album or something i just need something to go on..oh and i am looking for 1980-2005-6 kind of thing
Well look at a list of bands and then look up their tunings?
Thats waaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy too much effort to compile a complete catalogue.
go to the band tuning thread.

/done
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
1980's, most bands probably used standard tuning. Though some started downtuning a bit, but still in standard. You get into the 90's though, and a lot of bands started downtuning a lot more with a lot of drop tuning.

It isn't that hard to figure out though, you should be able to play just about any riff in any tuning. Drop tuning makes certain styles of power chord progressions easier, but that's about it. Mostly bands just tuned down to get a heavier "chug" sound. So if you can play "Enter Sandman" from Metallica, but it sounds higher than the studio version, then you know to tune down until it sounds right. I believe that one is 1 whole step down. (D standard tuning.)
Quote by KailM
1980's, most bands probably used standard tuning. Though some started downtuning a bit, but still in standard. You get into the 90's though, and a lot of bands started downtuning a lot more with a lot of drop tuning.

It isn't that hard to figure out though, you should be able to play just about any riff in any tuning. Drop tuning makes certain styles of power chord progressions easier, but that's about it. Mostly bands just tuned down to get a heavier "chug" sound. So if you can play "Enter Sandman" from Metallica, but it sounds higher than the studio version, then you know to tune down until it sounds right. I believe that one is 1 whole step down. (D standard tuning.)

metallica is Eb, half step down. there are some bands with ridiculous tunings like alter bridge that drop the low E to a B. hendrix is a half step down a lot of the time. but there are a lot of bands that use different tunings depending on the song. pettrucii will be anywhere from standard to drop B or lower. Zakk wylde has done some stuff in drop A, Pantera i think has gone as low as drop G
Uhhh old Metallica is not tuned down. Unless you mean live, then yeah Up until Load, they only had 4 songs that weren't standard tuning (or a few cents off).

But yeah, I don't think anyone has compiled a list. A lot of bands change tunings song by song on an album. Or even more fun, EVH for Summer Nights with the Steinberg... pretty sure he uses it's transposing bridge to change tunings in between the intro and the song itself...have fun with that!
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
I'm not sure what you mean by "seeing heavy metal" but if you can only see one band, that band should be Gwar.